Titan ReloadingInline FabricationReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionRepackboxSnyders JerkyWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply Load Data

Thread: Unobtanium Kel-Tec rdb-c!!!

Unobtanium Kel-Tec rdb-c!!!

In a stroke of luck my distributor has on her desk the elusive, mystical rdb-c and I said, please send that to me! I’m quite excited. Been wanting one of these since I first saw they were in development. Then the smoothed non pistol grip version got me really excited. I asked her to be put on a waiting list figuring it would take months or longer or never at all. Kel-Tec has had problems keeping their innovative products on shelves for years.
    This rifle seems like a real game changer of design however. The downward ejection gently drops shells out and right into your pocket. As a reloader I find that rifles that don’t fling the brass into the weeds are always a bonus. But a neat pile at your feet is truly a wonderful thing Ive discovered with the rfb. Kel-Tec always captures their imagination and somehow puts it into production. I’ve had several of their products and loved them all. Elegant and simple. This rifle seems to be of similar philosophy. If it’s anything like my rfb is to shoot, it will be a hoot!

If anyone was unaware of this very different rifle, check it out! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6D0CCD90-D478-417D-9DF8-3B1EFBA6B7B0.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	36.6 KB 
ID:	215531

It has a 20” barrel! Here’s what’s next though, the rifle purchase was a no brainer, the hard part is now optic selection. I hate this part! Every time I do it I end up swirling down into research and there are so many wonderful optics now, it’s too hard to choose. I will say that I’d like a light weight and not too expensive optic. I may look at the new Nikon low power scopes.

Boolit Master
    They do look pretty neat. I like the downward case ejecting feature too. I am just waiting to see if and when any show up at the gun stores. It might be like the little PMR-30 22 mag pistols, in that they only run off a small number every year and the guns get scarfed up before the gun dealer gets to put them on the shelf.

Ya I wouldn’t count on seeing one at a gun store, ever. The interesting Kel-Tecs don’t seem to make it to any shelf that I see around.

Boolit Bub
    Leupold 1-4 with or without the red dot (VX-R) would probably be ideal.

I like how light and clear those are but something strange put me off I can’t remember what.
    I’d like to check out a few new scopes, the Burris rt6 and Nikon has a new 1-4.

Boolit Master
    I remember talking with a gun store owner about the Kel Tec PMR-30 and he stated they only make a short production run once a year and they are sold out almost right away. Most all of the guns are pre-sold and never make it out to to be displayed. I suspect that the RDB will be the same.

Boolit Bub
    Weight is where the Leupold scopes really shine. The other 1" & 30mm offerings tend to be much heavier.

Yes it’s amazing how they make such decent scopes with so little weight. Not sure how they pull that off.

Boolit Buddy
    I happened upon a Kel Tec RDB last summer at my favorite gun monger and snagged it. I've put a few hundred rounds through it so far and I've been pleased with it. Nice trigger, clean running, and the recoil impulse is similar to an AK, due to the long recoil gas system.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KelTecRDB_Scoped_Left.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	216190

Accuracy with 55 grain bullets is mediocre, however. I need to try some 70+ grain loads. AIUI, RDBs tend to be more accurate with heavier bullets.

If you are serious about getting one of these guns goto http://www.bhgunrack.com/

They are few miles from the factory and get first dibs of everything KT makes. I have used them several times and they are an Excellent resource.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Banned

Kel-Tec
    And people complain about Lee Precision
    Funny stuff