Snyders Jerky Repackbox

Thread: Saving a H&G from bubba.

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell

Saving a H&G from bubba.

Yep that what bubba me done .
    Attachment 215424
    Attachment 215425
    Attachment 215426

That's what I got . Lifting scale on the sprue plate side and enough rust as to make a positive ID as in reading the name and number impossible . In fact to a novice mould hunter like me the only hint was the sprue plate , it is the only one I've seen in person .
    Nope note telling what I paid . But I could flip it , double my money , the next guy could too and still be it the low end of the market .

4 hours in Evaporust , a Chore Boy on the outside , 0000 steel wool on the faces and some cold blue . It doesn't look too bad .
    Attachment 215427
    Attachment 215428
    Attachment 215429

When one aquires such a unique piece of equipment in such unloved condition one must check it out . Besides I didn't feel like a spritz of Remoil was enough and I wanted an excuse to not be in front of the TV on a snow day . I warmed it on the hot plate while the pot came up to temp . It's so long and tall that the hood had to come off . The small pistol alloy loaded pot didn't last long , about 5 pours is all . No matter though the last pour was 8 perfect bullets the first 2 pours just went back in the pot because habits . This mould is pretty high mileage . You can see the alignment pin hole wear that's it . That's all the service damage there is . Okay there's a peened edge roll on the long hinge edge of the sprue plate I can't account for too . The handles are twisted from the sprue plate being hammered open which is why the alignment pin hole is buggered up .

How'd it cast ?
    1 @ .455 , 1@.4535 , 6@ .454. 1@191.2 , 6@ 191.5 and 1@ 192 gr .
    I guess I can live with that from an #130 that is supposed to be a 452-185 that a half a century old .
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Master
    I'm convinced that evaporust is magic, I used quite a bit to save some reloading dies and I swear the rust just disappeared. Looks good for saving an abused mold to my eyes, casting slightly on the large side but that could just be alloy differences. Bet that sucker is heavy! My 6 holer kills my shoulder after awhile, can only imagine an 8.
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

The research mat'l says a complete mould with handles had a ship weight of 7# .

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Master

You did a good thing there. Nice job!!

After the run , color add and appropriate lubing .

Attachment 215437

Boolit Grand Master

Good Job! H&G molds are a pleasure to cast with, although I prefer 4 cavity.