Titan ReloadingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingPBcastcoInline Fabrication
Lee Precision Load Data

Thread: Waxed Paper

Boolit Buddy

Waxed Paper

Before I try, I was wondering if anyone had tried Reynolds Wrap Waxed Paper? Seems it should work well to me.

Boolit Buddy

Well I did not have any luck, when ran through the sizer, it cuts at the lube grooves and the paper is now in 5 sections. But it may work with a Lee TL design or a smooth side design.

Works great as a Chase patch for muzzleloaders, not terribly useful for smokeless ammo.

Boolit Master
    Nope no waxpaper tried here. The strangest paper I tried patching with. 3M-***-it pad._and_ Altoids candy wrap._No luck with either.

Boolit Buddy
    i think people go a little crazy looking for magic paper, my first experiments with paper patching were done with standard 20# copy paper then i got a copty of paper jacket and then had to track down some 25% cotton 9# onion skin fond a box of it on ebay, in the idea of thiner being better i tried cigarette paper but that is far to thin and fragile, i think the 9# onion skin is ideal but honestly the 20# copy paper worked just fine though its a bit more fragile in its wet form than the onion skin what with the lack of cotton fibers and such

The paper needs to stick to itself so I would think the waxed paper would be unsuitable although there could be ways to make it work. I've never tried it.

What I liked about printer or copy paper is its softness. Being quite thick, it compresses on seating of the boolit which holds the boolit pretty tight. I lube the patched boolit on my lube pad prior to seating, the lube then soaks away. Being thick and compressible, it is quite forgiving too. It works great for dry patching too which is what I do.
    Rest In Peace My Son (01/06/1986 - 14/01/2014)

''Assume everything that moves is a human before identifying as otherwise''

In Remembrance

I wet patch using ordinary 20# copy paper and have good results. After you figure out when to use the wet paper on the boolet you`re rolling for it comes out looking pretty good. I stand the patched boolet on its base for a 24 hr. dry time. I then put some JPW on the patch and run it thru my sizers. A final small amount of JPW on the patch at loading in a case and I`m good to go.Robert