Load DataRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingInline Fabrication
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Snyders Jerky Lee Precision
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: 7.62x51 NATO (.308 WCF) in the Springfield M1A

Vendor Sponsor
    Wedgie,

I hate to disappoint, but I do believe that this one is a keeper.

Boolit Master
    Ammohead, what front sight are you using?

Banned

Tried to post target pics, was more trouble that it was worth.

Go here to see pics and a build thread.

http://m14forum.com/showthread.php?p...96#post1595696

Vendor Sponsor
    Brownells item number 034-200-014AK. And I also bought a set of Lee Shaver aperatures item number 781-100-010AK. I like the Shavers better than the ones that came with the sight. I also opened the rear aperature just a bit so that I could see the faintest halo of light around the globe when sighting. The original hole was just a bit too small for me. Your results may vary.

Boolit Mold
    your post makes me feel like i know nothing about reloading. how did you get those boolets to work seated like that(also what was your seat depth if you do mind sharing that info? i cant get 311291 to work well(in my M1A scout squad)when seated to the crimp groove, i get shoulder dings, case shaving, and the nose of the bullet gets engraved by the rifleing i feel like those woulden't even chamber any info would be much apperacited

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    your post makes me feel like i know nothing about reloading. how did you get those boolets to work seated like that(also what was your seat depth if you do mind sharing that info? i cant get 311291 to work well(in my M1A scout squad)when seated to the crimp groove, i get shoulder dings, case shaving, and the nose of the bullet gets engraved by the rifleing i feel like those woulden't even chamber any info would be much apperacited
    Who are you asking?

What do you mean by case shaving? If the bullets are getting rifling marks, back them off.

Boolit Mold
    If I can ask is there a compiled list of loads Bruce and others on this thread have put together? It would be great to see all the start and final loads without having to check every post and figure out bullet weight designs off of mold numbers. I must say I am amazed. impressed and thankful for everything Bruce did on this subject as well as what others have added from his efforts.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shootingfun View Post
    If I can ask is there a compiled list of loads Bruce and others on this thread have put together? It would be great to see all the start and final loads without having to check every post and figure out bullet weight designs off of mold numbers. I must say I am amazed. impressed and thankful for everything Bruce did on this subject as well as what others have added from his efforts.
    I agree. A summary post by someone qualified to construct one would be great.

Boolit Mold
    Hey guys, I've got one for you why am i getting such whorendous shoulder dings on my cases fired in my M1A scout squad? Ive tried the 311291 seated to as long a COL as i can go and still be able to easily eject a unfired round(with one hand)with jack **** for results with that bullet, and very sever shoulder dings. And then i was able to get some samples of a 30 HVTH1 170 grainer "silver" from an arsenal mould from Ken Hall another fellow on this site(thanks again ken)and I have got some very promising initial results with that boolet in the M1A, over all length is a bit longer with this arsenal boolet. There is a slight reduction in the severity of the shoulder dings when compared with that of the results of the 311291 fireings. but there is still a pretty good "ding" on the shoulder. its my understanding that this is a factor of the overall lenght of the round. but guys on this thread talk about using much shorter boolets than the ones i have tried i cant believe that everybodys m1a beats there brass up as badly as mine seems to.

so anybody have any thoughts on what might cause this?

i will try and follow up this post maby with some pictures and also i should have the overall length numbers as well

Boolit Buddy

Kevin,
    Which magazines are you using?.I've shot the 311291 and didn't have the Dings,just gave up on it because of engraving and accuracy.Some where in Bruce B's M1A sticky that came up,sorry but I don't remember where.Maybe try a M1A and shoulder dings search.Good luck and don't give up,it's very gratifying when you finally get it
    "The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Mold
    Buckeye,
    Im using $$ Springfield's. what boolet is working for you?

Boolit Buddy

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	STA60044.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	60.4 KB 
ID:	165038Kevin,
    Working with the Lyman 311041 . Just got started last fall and WINTER showed up.Only a couple days this spring so far that didn't have full value 20-30 mph wind.The youngest boy got me a Leatherwood for Christmas so hoping to take some of my failing eye sight out of the equation.I posted a pic on your other thread of my dummy round that had been cycled from the mag. several times with very little nose damage.Also I'm using Checkmate and G.I. mags. 20 round both working well.
    "The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Mold
    I have been looking for cast boolits load data using a lee 155gr mold and imr4895. I have cast and quenched about 50 projectiles and powder coated them. I'm waiting on my gas checks to arrive so while I wait I figured I'd read more of this thread. However I haven't seen any load data for 4895 and that's the only powder I have. I'm not against getting a different powder but I use 4895 in my AR as well. Any help would be great.

Vendor Sponsor
    Gentlemen,

Here is the group that won NCBS 2016 50 yd group iron sight rifle bench rest.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    NOE 155 gr 311, 30 gr WC846 WLR primers LC brass from my loaded M1A. .735"
    Last edited by ammohead; 04-29-2017 at 06:33 PM.

Boolit Buddy

OUTSTANDING Congrats!!!!

Bruce B. is smilin .

Boolit Man

Truly Awesome! Well Done! 2nd on Bruce B. smiling

Vendor Sponsor
    He may have been smiling, but not bigger than me. Urny was witnessing for me watching with a spotting scope. I would look to him after each shot and he would say, "Just keep shooting". A good day for sure. Urny took a turn after me and shot a .810". Then I went on to win 50 yd score, offhand.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    It was a good day indeed.
    Last edited by ammohead; 04-29-2017 at 06:36 PM.

Boolit Bub

Catching up on things here...

Wow...
    Catching up here...

Have my Loaded M1a, shooting RCBS #82014 with 35.5 WW748 sized 308. Cycles fine but accuracy, well, 10 out of 20 from the bench in the black. Nice shooting load but looking at these scores, I have a lot of room for improvement.

Suggestions?

Boolit Mold
    Have spent a lot of time studying this thread for my m1a. Bruce b is truly missed. He helped me immensely. Just thought I would throw back my working load to repay. This is 32 gr h4895 LC cases with 311332 pc bullet. 100 yards scoped m1a standard

IMG_1207.JPG
    Last edited by bluehorse; 01-24-2017 at 11:20 PM.

Boolit Mold
    Dang it can't get pic upClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1236.JPG 
Views:	58 
Size:	81.1 KB 
ID:	184596
    Last edited by bluehorse; 01-07-2017 at 05:12 PM. Reason: add pic

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021 LastLast