Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Inline FabricationLee Precision
RepackboxWidenersLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lee molds for 30\30 win

Boolit Buddy
    The Lee 150 fngc that I have throws a .299 nose with 2% tin and 4% antimony. The drive bands throws just shy of .310. If I add more tin I can get it to a little over .310/.2995 give or take. It shoots very very good out of the levers and not so much out of the 340 and 840 bolt guns. Or you can order from Tom at Accurate Molds the 31-155J which is a very close design and spec it out with a .299 nose and .311 drive bands and problem solved. I have both and the Accurate will shoot out of all my 30 cals. My specs at Accurate is WW alloy but I cast with the 2/4 alloy and get .299/.3115. None of my levers will take a .300 nose either if I crimp in the crimp grove.
    Hope the info is useful.
    Tony

Boolit Buddy
    I have bought Lee 150 grain GC bullets from two commercial bullet casters. My win '94 rifling lightly scores the noses. No effect on function and they shoot well. The noses measure about 0.301" to 0.303" ... neither is quite round. The rcbs 180 fp nose is not touched by the lands in my rifle. I just crimp in the groove and shoot them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12