Snyders JerkyRepackboxRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionWidenersReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading Load Data

Thread: Who Manufactured The Hornady/Pacific Magnetic Scale

Boolit Master
    Dodge Co. GA. Between the Ocmulgee and Little Ocmulgee rivers.

Who Manufactured The Hornady/Pacific Magnetic Scale

I think the title kind of covers it. I'd also like to know what other companies used the same scales, that Pacific used. That includes both magnetic and oil damped. I remember seeing CH, Webster, Texan, and Wells scales that were pretty much identical. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk

US Govt mantra: If it's moving tax it. If it's still moving regulate it. If it stops moving subsidize it

Banned
    Webster is the maker.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Pressman View Post
    Webster is the maker.
    Thanks.

US Govt mantra: If it's moving tax it. If it's still moving regulate it. If it stops moving subsidize it

Boolit Grand Master

While I don't know about Hornady scales, Ohaus did make scales to be sold by some vendors...
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Boolit Master
    I have both Model O and M Hornady scales and have been wondering the same thing. I started loading in the early 70's and I ordered the Model O from the factory, they said it was the last set they had. If I remember correctly they were about $21.00 shipped, rather pricey at $2.00 an hour.

I have been looking at scales lately and realized that the old makers are out and new ones come from who knows where and look sort of cheap. I found a set of RCBS 502 and a set of Ohaus 3100 Dial-O-Grain at an estate sale about a month ago, at $40 for both I couldn't turn them down. Don't need anymore but they are fun to play with.

Thanks for the question and answer.

Dave

Boolit Master
    You're welcome. Dillon still has an Ohaus designed, if not manufactured scale. At least they did, the lasst time I looked. Their Eliminator is an RCBS/Ohaus 505 beam on a different base.

Boolit Mold
    lots of different makers over the years .. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hornady scale.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	17.4 KB 
ID:	215907

Banned
    jbohio, that one is made by Webster. That is an original Pacific scale that was continued after Hornaday bought Pacific.

Boolit Master
    The triple poise scales sold by Pacific, Hornady and Bair are all the same scale. My brother and I have been using a Bair scale since 1969 with completely satisfactory results.

Since then I have purchased other scales as part of buy outs of guys who gave up on reloading. While RCBS 505, 5-10 and 502 and similar Lyman scales all work well they are no better than the Webster made scales. I prefer the triple poise system for ease of setting without errors.
    EDG

Boolit Master
    The original box for the O scales says Pacific div. Hornady the M box says Hornady but both have Pacific cast in the base.

The O scales work fine but I bought them on bad advice from someone that understood nothing about magnetic dampening. Years ago I bought the M scales to get away from messing with the oil. I found another set NIB not long ago for $25.

EDG, I too like the three poise system.It is easier to read and set up and just makes more sense. I have been working with a set of RCBS 502 scales, they might be a little more sensitive than the Hornady but after using the Hornady scales for 45 years I had to get used to the layout.

Dave