Load DataWidenersInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingRepackboxSnyders JerkyLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What’s your thoughts on rcbs 200gr hp 35 Remington

Boolit Buddy

What’s your thoughts on rcbs 200gr hp 35 Remington

I’d like to see a mp version of the rcbs 200gr gc bullet. I was thinking 4 cavity gc with a few different hp pin options. Then of course you can just run it with the fp pins for a higher production mold. Im thinking that this will work for 35 Remington, 357 max, and others.

What do you think?

im interested, need something in that range for a 358 win, but i dont think i want a gascheck

Moderator Emeritus

As one who ever so sadly has come to the conclusion that .35REM attracts me, and takes away my money -- I'm "always" open for a new .35 REM mould. My preferences are brass as the medium, and 2-cavity as size; twenty-five years ago 4, 6, 8, and even 10-cav moulds were my choices -- but, with years -- two-cavity still enables long casting sessions with adequate rate of production. And "yes!" re the gas check!
    geo

Yep, I'm in. The Lee mold that copied the RCBS 200gr one comes in a 6 cavity, but I'm looking for a 'heirloom' quality mold to go with my son's 1972 Marlin which is also heirloom quality. And the HP options make it attract for those of us who powdercoat for rifle rounds. I've seen where a properly heat treated and PC'd HP will expand well while still retaining some integrity when shot into gel at rifle velocities.

Boolit Buddy
    Here’s my thinking,

A new 2 cavity rcbs mold is 75.00 ish plus shipping, for my needs I’m fine with a exact copy of that bullet. But a brass mp mold with his spin on that bullet with hp or fp options in brass it’s a no brainer for me.

I originally bought the Lee 6 cavity version but I’m slowly getting away from Lee molds the more I cast.

Are you guys thinking just copy the rcbs or change it up a bit?

I'm A Honcho!
    Mr. Leo,

I was thinking about the same boolit just the lighter version. Like some of the guys on here that have milled the GC off of the Lee Boolit for a 180ish grain. For more functionality in leverguns and pistols.

Bluejay

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	36-190P-D.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	215239
    You never know how you rank amongst men 'til you have seen what will break another man.
    The original "Bluejay" US Army/ US Navy 1945-1970.

Boolit Buddy
    I’m thinking it will be in the 185-190 gr weight with the various hp pins

I'm A Honcho!
    Im in with no discussion. I would want it for 357 magnum rifle loads. The RCBS "Lee clone" 203 grain is the second most accurate 357 magnum load that I make. 14.5 grains of H110 shoots very well in all of my guns, works well with rifle or magnum pistol primers. I load these to the maximum length for a Ruger rotary magazine and they work in the rest of my rifles and pistols.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3367 (1).JPG  
    You never know how you rank amongst men 'til you have seen what will break another man.

Boolit Buddy
    I’ll let this thread run a bit before figuring out a group buy, hopefully more people get interested.

Boolit Bub
    interested. if price is reasonable. cj

Boolit Buddy
    His molds have cost me about 110.00 shipped on average for a 2 cavity hp brass mold. There worth every penny

Moderator Emeritus

Also interested.

Also interested, but this stuff seems to take so long from this point.

Boolit Buddy
    Anyone want to set this up?

I'm A Honcho!
    Leo,

I will do it. Do you want as close to the RCBS Clone as possible? I think a little wider on the nose will make hollow pointing easier.

Bluejay

Boolit Buddy
    I was hoping for a similar profile. In my opinion the hp does not need to be huge to aid in expansion. My main purpose for this mold is in a lever action so it needs to have a profile that works in lever guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastleo View Post
    I was hoping for a similar profile. In my opinion the hp does not need to be huge to aid in expansion. My main purpose for this mold is in a lever action so it needs to have a profile that works in lever guns.
    Yes. Has to work in a lever gun for me, also.

I'm A Honcho!
    The RCBS 38-200 has a wider nose than the Lee Clone. Thats the only reference I have for this Boolit. So Im going to ask MIHEC to do an exact clone of the original RCBS Boolit then?

My worry would be whether the .358 diameter portion was going to work OK extending that far ahead of the crimp groove in "standard" .35 Remington chambers. Might be worth while making a pound cast or trying to chamber a round with a .358 diameter boolit loaded backwards.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by bluejay75 View Post
    The RCBS 38-200 has a wider nose than the Lee Clone. Thats the only reference I have for this Boolit. So Im going to ask MIHEC to do an exact clone of the original RCBS Boolit then?
    Sure, or a wider nose even, similar length and crimp groove location.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast