RepackboxLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Reloading Everything Inline Fabrication

Thread: Lighter Bullet in .45 1:30 Twist

Boolit Master

Lighter Bullet in .45 1:30 Twist

Anyone Have Success With 300-350 gr PP or Lubed in .45 ML? Want to try something a little lighter for plinking/ deer than 407gr 11mm RCBS paper patched in a couple Knights with fast twist barrels.
    Thanks in advance.
    TheMoose
    Perhaps my learning skills have diminished in my senior years.. 50 years ago I could read something once and then "have it"... Now I read it about three times, do it a couple of times and then... "have it" only about half the time.

Not exactly what your asking for, but if reducing lead and powder are what you hoping to accomplish, then White Muzzleloading has a write-up on Round Balls in a fast twist barrel. Adjust ball size and patch fit and reduce powder. Should make a fun plinking load.

http://whitemuzzleloading.com/round-...-twist-rifles/
    Boolits Feedback <> Gunbroker Feedback

Just remember son, many times free advise is worth what you pay for it. ~ My Dad

Bluegrass...the speed metal of country music!

Boolit Master
    Thanks waarp8pt, interesting article...how wet is it in the Wabash Valley? Most people on here don't know that there is an "E" in F-N-Ham
    Perhaps my learning skills have diminished in my senior years.. 50 years ago I could read something once and then "have it"... Now I read it about three times, do it a couple of times and then... "have it" only about half the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Themoose View Post
    Thanks waarp8pt, interesting article...how wet is it in the Wabash Valley? Most people on here don't know that there is an "E" in F-N-Ham
    Lol...thats true. Jeff Dunham stopped by on a comedy tour...he spoke of F-N-Ham and it just kind of stuck. I would be surprised if more than two or three of us have heard of Effingham.

3.5 inches and it has started to rain again. It has not made it down the River enough to flood the bottoms, but I'm certain its on the way.

Where abouts are you?
    Last edited by waarp8nt; 02-24-2018 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Cleaned it up.

Just remember son, many times free advise is worth what you pay for it. ~ My Dad

Boolit Master
    I live in S. Central Pa, but was born and raised in Indiana, just south of Terre Haute... my sister still lives in Terre Haute.. Wabash river is less than 50 yds from her kitchen...not for me... they need a boat to get in almost every year...but there house is on higher ground.. crops aren't..

Dad was born in Farmersburg, IN. Grandpa was from that area, but Grandma was from over here. So, the moved here when my dad was small. Shoot me a PM if you come back to visit, I'm always up for coffee and a story.

Boolit Master
    I'm from Farmersburg my family and my wife's family goe back to the 20's there... My name is Mike Simpson... Yours?

Sent you a PM.

Might try patching a soft lead SWC and sizing to load.

Boolit Master
    Thanks Good Cheer for the suggestion...as you know there is another thread about someone wanting to try paperpatching maxiballs in a 50 cal... I just purchased a DC 45 maxiball mold off ebay that I will be trying in paperpatched and regular grease grooved configuration... but that will probably be awhile before I get much done on that project... thanks again

Boolit Master
    I have used the 310gr. 54 cal ballet in my TC Scout with 1-32 twist. It is a skirted round ball, bore sized and coated with some proprietary lube. They shoot fairly accurate in my rifle in front of 80 gr. of 3f Goex. The deer couldn't tell the difference from being hit with a maxi. I never shot it past 75 yds.