Reloading EverythingPBcastcoInline FabricationRepackbox
RotoMetals2WidenersLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision Titan Reloading
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: CLOSED - MIHEC-358-165-RF-LARSEN-Group-Buy

In Remembrance

And, DHL sends you an email/text that offers you LOTS of options, including to digitally (on-line) sign for the package ahead of time, so the driver will just leave it.
    It's such a blessing that ALL of my shipments from now on will be DHL. It's only $7 US more than regular.
    It gets here faster, doesn't involve the local postal guy at all, and you can pre-sign for the package if that works better for you.

If you are in on any and all MP-Molds group buys, ask your honcho to add DHL shipping to your order.

Otherwise, it's standard old Postal delivery.

NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor

Author of a book on reloading
    ILSA MEMBER http://www.internationallawnsteelsho...ssociation.com
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Boolit Master
    Mine came today. The tracking info showed only one shipped but both orders I had in arrived together.
    Happy Me ;{().
    Leadmelter
    MI

Boolit Bub
    Finally got a chance to cast some bullets with this mold. I LOVE THIS MOLD. I started out with the pentagon pins. I cast about 350 bullets today. This is my first experience with a brass mold. It is heavier than the aluminum molds that I normally use, but not as bad as the steel ones that I have. I did all the prep...cleaning, heat cycling four times to create some oxidation, and then finally smoked the mold. Once the mold was hot, about 5 pours, I was amazed how pretty these bullets were. They dropped out of the mold like butter....! I did notice one thing while casting today. I had to run my alloy HOT..... I have a Lyman Mag 20 furnace (older model) and I had it set on 10. I normally cast on 8 with my aluminum molds. The bullets were very shiny. I figured at that temp, they would be a little frosty, but not at all. The mold seemed to fill a lot better at this setting.

I wish I knew what the BHN of my alloy is for these bullets. Will try to figure that out tomorrow using a pencil scratch test mentioned in another forum on this site. My alloy is suppose to be reclaimed range scrap. I have about 200lbs of this alloy. It did cast very well so it must have some antimony in it. I did not quench these because I actually want the hollow point to function correctly. Lots of testing to begin soon.

Once cooled, I decide to try something new in coating bullets. I have been using Hytek coating for a long time and love this product, but I wanted some different colors. I purchased several colors of powder coating from Eastwood. I used the Light Ford Blue and they look amazing. I will post photos tomorrow if I get a chance.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789