Load DataSnyders JerkyWidenersTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationLee PrecisionReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply Repackbox

Thread: Lyman M Die needed for 45-70 Cast??

Boolit Buddy

Lyman M Die needed for 45-70 Cast??

Anybody recommend using the Lyman M die for 45-70 cast loads or is the regular expanding die in the regular die sets good enough for this? Have used M die for bottlenecked cases but unsure if needed for straight wall brass. Thx

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/product...80741tfalkhk11

Things seem to go easier when you use an expander,,,,
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Master
    Unless I'm missing something, the 'regular expander' in the 3-die set is the appropriate M-die.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Boolit Grand Master

The normal expander in my RCBS and Lee die sets works fine with. 457 to .459 bullets. For larger diameter (.4615 to .464) softer cast bullets I use in my TDs I made a larger expander for the Lee die. If you need larger than your die set expander then the NOE is the best bet.
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gibson View Post
    The normal expander in my RCBS and Lee die sets works fine with. 457 to .459 bullets. For larger diameter (.4615 to .464) softer cast bullets I use in my TDs I made a larger expander for the Lee die. If you need larger than your die set expander then the NOE is the best bet.
    Great thanks, exactly what I needed to know. Thanks to Hamish for the NOE link.