Lee PrecisionInline FabricationRotoMetals2Wideners
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Load Data Repackbox

Thread: Finally found what works for me

Boolit Bub

Finally found what works for me

After several attempts and suggestions I finally found out how to spray with perfect coverage. I was either getting a really thick coat or a side that was barely covered.

I reduced the number of bullets I put on the tray and then I have to hover the ESPC gun directly above each bullet and when coverage is good move to the next. Now my bullets have a flawless finish on them with no imperfections. I'm finally happy.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Banned
    I'm glad you got it to work. I don't ESPC but that seems like there still is a problem somewhere, It shouldn't be that hard. Maybe an ESPC expert will chime in.
    What gun and powder are you using?

Do share, pictures are always appreciated.

Jim

Boolit Master

my lack of success with spraying is what moved me to tumble lubing. Also seems to be faster as far as number of bullets coated per hour
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747
    RVN/Cambodia War Games, 2nd Place

In Remembrance - Super Moderator & Official Cast Boolits Sketch Artist

Depends on the profile of the bullets for me it seems some I spray as your saying top down others I spray from the sides and rotate the tray while spraying. Also I may set my bullets on nuts to raise them up off the trays my HPs I set the HP on a nail or screw I have made just for HPs and this is the best method and I get the super nice finish with the least effort.
    Reloading to save money I am sure the saving is going to start soon

Boolit Master

I made up some boards for spraying, cover it with nonstick foil and it works well. I have had zero success with the tumble method. Too much humidity maybe here in FL. Wish I could get it to work though.

Boolit Bub
    I only have a HF ESPC gun with smokes powder. I don't like imperfections so asbbdt method will not work for me.

When I first started I was getting too thick of a coating trying by having air pressure up too high. Once I turned the pressure down, I would get sides that had very light powder and it looked horrible. I believe the problem was I had too many bullets so close together I couldn't get the tip of the gun close to each bullet from the side.

When coming from directly above the bullet powder just starts coating the sides and top with ease

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk