WidenersLoad DataReloading EverythingRepackbox
Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: CLOSE OUT Redding T-7 Press

Boolit Bub
    Less than 24 hours later, I got an email saying my entire order shipped. It looks like everything was included in the packing list and the prices were correct, I guess we will see!

I’m very surprised, honestly. Especially because I put a small order in with Brownell’s, about 24 hours prior, and still haven’t received notification of shipment. (I realize they have a notice on the site saying they are busy, and I am in no hurry, but I didn’t expect the frenzy of bullets.com to ship first!)

I find this hilarious, all those peein in their cereal because their order got cancelled. Come on folks. This is a Close Out, Going Out Of Business Sale. When it's gone it's gone and there will be no more. At these prices I am shocked that anything is left for sale. There were only so many of those presses in stock, NO Backorders, 1st come 1st severed. At those priced I am truly surprised they lasted a day.

Kind of just like Black Friday Sales. They only had so many Big screen TV'S and Laptop computers. If you were more then 10th in line you were wasting your time.

Well most modern websites are expected to know how many of an item are in stock and reflect that with their code. It’s just poor programming and business practice. It’s called bait and switch. Like many other sports here, the good price in a press got us to order and the various small items we tossed in the box wouldn’t have been ordered at all otherwise.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Drew P View Post
    Well most modern websites are expected to know how many of an item are in stock and reflect that with their code. It’s just poor programming and business practice. It’s called bait and switch. Like many other sports here, the good price in a press got us to order and the various small items we tossed in the box wouldn’t have been ordered at all otherwise.

That is exactly why I cancelled my three orders. There was no point to the "various small items" if the major items were not available. I did not "p33 in my cereal" about it. I agree that it would have been better if I had known ahead of time that items were out of stock. As it was, I was surprised that my orders went thru without a hitch and then 3 days later, after my credit card had been charged, I was notified that the major items were out of stock and cancelled.

After a phone call, the orders were cancelled without a problem and the charge to my credit card cancelled. I'm satisfied even though I didn't get a T-7 press. If I want one bad enough, there are many sellers, although at a higher price,

Glad we could provide you with your jollies.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by HangFireW8 View Post
    That's not bait and switch. Just fraud, even if unintentional.
    For the few shipping inquiries I made over recent orders, the folks at bullets.com were very quick to respond same day. However, my inquiry into price changes at shipping time (for in stock items at ordering time) versus the original and lower prices at ordering time (with the correct prices listed on the order confirmation), they have chosen not to respond. Imagine that. A call to my credit card issuer to put the overcharge amount in dispute is now addressing the issue.

My .02 would be to check your order confirmation pricing with your shipping invoice pricing. For my initial orders, both matched. For my powder order, nothing matched. My guess is they realized they discounted powder too much and were slammed with orders to the point they decided to cut the pricing discounts by 50% (effectively raising the price of each 1lb a few bucks) to make even more profit as they go out of business. Also guessing my previous responses were addressed so quickly as there was still time to cancel the order (sales they'd prefer not to lose), whereas my overcharge inquiry is going unanswered because it already shipped and they have the $.

I checked their policies section on their site and they state "Our terms, conditions, pricing and policies are subject to change without notice at any time, and are updated on our website." Unfortunately, there is no content on order confirmation pricing vs. shipping pricing. I can completely understand them changing prices on the site to whatever...but changing them for higher prices after the order has been confirmed and components/prices listed on the confirmation don't match shipping prices, that's way shady to me. So what's to prevent them from changing the price of a pound of powder to $45 that was previously listed (and ordered) at $16.65? Me thinks they added a few bucks to the price hoping no one would notice the change.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew P View Post
    Well most modern websites are expected to know how many of an item are in stock and reflect that with their code. It’s just poor programming and business practice. It’s called bait and switch. .
    You all can call it Bait and Switch it you like but I believe it's more the Poor Business Practice which is most likely what drove them out of business in the 1st place.

Now when Stores run a Black Friday sale and know there are only 3 items in every store and then base their whole Sales Advertising on those Sales Items that is a Bait and Switch! Yet people will go out, stand in line for hours and hope they can get one of those three items, But then just wait til Monday and one can go on ebay and see those same items just flooded the market for full retail.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by maxreloader View Post
    Geeeeeeez! I went back again.... this time I bought every shell holder I may ever even think of using. Just so I have it. Gotta fill them holes! Just in case I end up inheriting an odd-caliber wildcat from an uncle that passed that I never knew I had! have!
    Yep....sounds like me... Bought some Redding dies, shell holders, RCBS shell holders, bunch of other stuff..

-Rock

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockzilla View Post
    Yep....sounds like me... Bought some Redding dies, shell holders, RCBS shell holders, bunch of other stuff..

-Rock
    I did the same thing. I have been meaning to pick up a bunch of shell holders recently that I need and then found this sale. My order delivered today.

Ordered: Late evening on March 7
    Shipping Notification: Late evening on March 8
    Delivered: Early morning on March 10

By quick look, it appears everything is there and that the prices are the same as when ordered.

Boolit Buddy
    When I ordered an Ultra Mag it showed 2 in stock. 4 days later it was sitting on the porch. Did I really need it, no, has there been one on my "if I get the right deal" want list for years, yes and this was the right deal for "me".

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234