RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
RepackboxWidenersLee PrecisionLoad Data
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything

Thread: Repurposed Bench Update

Repurposed Bench Update

I mentioned previously on a reloading bench photo thread that our original master bedroom is now our "project" room after all the children grew up & left home (many years ago) & we sleep upstairs so we can hear the rain on the metal roof.

Originally I made a reloading bench & a gunsmithing bench from budget type kitchen cabinetry & made my wife a sewing station on the other side of the room from the same type material.

My wife no longer does HD sewing (she once made drapes) & the small amount of sewing that she does now is on a small folding table.

Our youngest daughter (a professional organizer) suggested that I update my reloading bench with my wife's sewing set-up (I think she was really suggesting that my reloading bench was overloaded).

The 1st. two photos are the "before" view.
    The 3rd. is the "after" view (completed today).

The new update is lower than the original due to a double window @ the update point, so I ordered 2 In Line Fabrication Ultramounts to get the Redding Ultra Mag press & the Star up to the correct height. I figure that getting the Star off the bench top will also allow me to rig up a chute to direct lubed boolits down to the tray of the Ultramount (we'll see). I'll fab up something to mount the Star on the Ultramount (I actually ordered the 2nd. UM for a Dillon 550).

I want to add a 2nd. 550 (one for LP & one for SP) & will mount it on the left side of the original bench just clearing the left upper drawer.

When I get the other "stuff" & get it mounted, I'll post updated photos.

I welcome any suggestions.

Henry

.................................................. .................................................. ............
    A real sport involves either gasoline or gun powder..........all others are just games
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MVC-017S.JPG   MVC-019F.JPG   MVC-020F.JPG  
    Last edited by oldhenry; 02-21-2018 at 10:37 PM.

Boolit Master

Sure hope the other side of the room is available for growing pains
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Grand Master

Looks nice!

Boolit Buddy
    What's to suggest ? Looks real good from here. Eager for more Pictures.

More presses dies and calibers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Looks terrific from here, very nice work space.

Update #1

First of all: The Inline Fabrication product is great.
    1. The modular concept allows everything to be shipped in a compact package.
    2. Packing is first class.
    3. Hardware is good.
    4. The individual components are robust (massive).

2nd.: This is most uncluttered that the new addition will ever look.

Photos:
    1. Overall view of everything to date.
    2. View of the repurposed addition
    3. The Redding Ultra Mag mounted with the shell holder bracket in use (neat idea). I'm primarily a handgun shooter & use the Redding for de-priming only.
    4. Some powder & boolits stored away
    5. The Star mounted
    6. Star close-up to show the brackets on the Dillon 550 top plate that I plan to use
    7. I fabbed up a tray with construction paper (that's what we called it in '49-'50) that is to scale of Inline's 6 3/4" X 5" parts tray to show how it would be ideal to hold the un-lubed boolits waiting to be processed............note that the tray is @ the correct working height.
    8. I use old TV dinner plastic trays to hold my un-lubed boolits. They're shallow & allow easy removal of the individual boolits. This shows such a tray in position.

Inline also has an 8" X 6" articulating tray that could be used.

I sent Dan @ Inline these last 4 photos to see if he'd be interested in adding this set-up to his line & possibly making the bracket larger.....we'll see.

Next: I'll scheme up on some type chute to direct lubed/sized boolits from the bottom of the Star to a container on the supporting tray that ILF designed into their mount. This may take a while........I'm slow.

That's about it for tonight.

Henry

.................................................. .................................................. ............
    A real sport involves either gasoline or gun powder......all others are just a game
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MVC-026F.JPG   MVC-027F.JPG   MVC-029F.JPG   MVC-028F.JPG   MVC-030F.JPG  

MVC-031F.JPG   MVC-032F.JPG   MVC-034F.JPG  

Star Mounting Now Complete

Image #1: 1/8" aluminum plate (10" X 6") on ILF UM & under Star/Midway lube heater....this will give needed support to un-lubed boolit tray.

Image #2: ILF "part tray" (now a boolit tray) installed.

Image #3: Close-up of boolit tube mounting brkt. (fabbed from 3/32" Al)

Image #4: Close-up of boolit tube end (sourced from Lowes). The end was a 1" water connection to 3/4" tube connector ($0.39). The tube also from Lowes (3/4" IS dia.). I removed the water connection end & trimmed it to a slip-on fit above boolit tube mounting brkt..

Image #5: ILF "part tray (now boolit tray) full of boolits.

Image #6: Boolit tube & tray close-up.

This speeds up the size/lube process. The only drawback: I'm border line OCD & have grown accustomed to catching each boolit in my hand & inspecting each to make sure they're completely lubed.

Henry

.................................................. .................................................. ...........
    A real sport involves either gasoline or gun powder......all others are just games
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MVC-035F.JPG   MVC-036F.JPG   MVC-037F.JPG   MVC-038F.JPG   MVC-039F.JPG  

MVC-040F.JPG  

Looking very good indeed. The Boolits in the tray contrast beautifully with the black frame of the mounts. Looks very professional as well as you could hope for. Looks like you are right in the middle of a large production session. Thanks for the photographs they are greatly appreciated.
    regards,

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kerr View Post
    Looking very good indeed. The Boolits in the tray contrast beautifully with the black frame of the mounts. Looks very professional as well as you could hope for. Looks like you are right in the middle of a large production session. Thanks for the photographs they are greatly appreciated.
    Mike,
    Thanks for your kind words.
    Regards,

Henry

Boolit Master

I'm jealous. Looks good.
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~