MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyWidenersTitan Reloading
RepackboxRotoMetals2Load DataReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision

Thread: Pro Melt 2 update

Boolit Master

Pro Melt 2 update

RCBS customer service said the Pro Melt 2s have arrived and estimates 2 weeks for delivery. Sounded like there is financial pressure on the Pro Melt 2 to ship.

I did mention to RCBS and Vista Outdoors (you have to talk to them first) that I thought their gold star rating had slipped. Charging for parts that used to be free and not taking credit cards or offering tracking to smooth the transition. My parts went to the PO Box on the check, not the address on the written order.

It's pouring rain, I should be casting!
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Midway has them on sale right now - none in store but they are on sale
    Big Bore = 45+

Boolit Master
    The RCBS catalog and web site photos I've seen of their new Pro Melt-2 shows the digital display thermometer mounted on the right hand side at the very back edge of the box. I thought that was a bad design flaw for the dashboard you need to keep a eye on. Maybe an after market modification could be made to pivot the temperature display out ward so it could be seen from the front of the furnace where the operator would most likely be standing during casting operations.
    For a product in design stage so long after it initial announcement I think RCBS skimped on the displays useably mounting it in the location shown.

Boolit Buddy
    From my experience, temperatures don't change that fast until you add a bunch of cold lead, then it gets slow again while it heats back up. Some run two pots, one to cast with and one to pre-heat the melt so you don't get the wide temperature swings.