Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionReloading Everything
WidenersRotoMetals2Load DataInline Fabrication
Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 9mm 147 TC group buy?

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by glockfan View Post
    no. loaded a hundred only since i've got it. i'm busy with unexpected things right now....and when i'll restart casting, i might have to work on my 40S&W stock which is low right now. got my 40 mold from Tom also, still hasn't tried it.
    Is this thread still a "mold manufacturer needed" or have your requirements been satisfied? I can't tell while reading this thread.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lakehouse2012 View Post
    Is this thread still a "mold manufacturer needed" or have your requirements been satisfied? I can't tell while reading this thread.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

no . it was originally meant as a tentative group buy . btw this mold is a mod'ed hornady XTP replica,and since i was set to get this mold done by accurate mold, i thought back then that a group buy would have been cool for a little savings , but it never came to fruitition in that regard. now the last few posts.....i think guys did not read the whole thread because they would had realize it isn't a group buy anymore, only a thread related to a mold i got done by Tom at accurate mold.

as for being happy about how it turned out,well yes, i am, nothing out of the ordinary,i mean i've shot a 100 only,but so far it meets my expectations as far as accuracy goes....not much to add about it really...

if the point is now that the thread serves nothing ,well,feel free to delete it.

ok guys .i've been able to find some time to break this mold in,so a little update on the results i've got with the accurate mold Tom sent me .

one word. amazing.

all 4 cavities drop at 146grs.i've cast 400 boolits with it to date,and i've measured them ALL. the 4 cavities weight 146grs with only less than 1 grs discrepancy.also,they all drop at .358 diameter (!!!) and 580 AOL .i know it seems incredible, but it is what it is.

my good shooting buddy couldn't believe his eyes. he's a lee user,and he told me he never seen a mold dropping such consistent boolits in ALL cavities.

here's some pics of the boolits . they're just a tad frosted, which is what i wanted, because i've learned on the forum that lightly frosted boolits shoot the best. not sure i'm correct,but seems the consensus , however , anyone , correct me if i'm wrong.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04455.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	37.6 KB 
ID:	221793

Name:	DSC04456.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	50.3 KB 
ID:	221794

Name:	DSC04457.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	75.9 KB 
ID:	221795

Name:	DSC04458.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	25.8 KB 
ID:	221796

i'm about to resize them at .357,and i will follow through with the results regarding accuracy of this boolit once i settle with a good load.

Name:	DSC04460.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	221797

Name:	DSC04459.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	221798

Boolit Master
    Nice looking design!