RepackboxInline FabricationLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Load DataRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyReloading Everything
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: 30 AR still around?

Boolit Master

30 AR still around?

What has happened to the 30 AR that remington was trying to promote? I am not interested in the demise of remington but rather the specifics of the cartridge good and bad and is it still available?
    Look twice, shoot once.

Banned
    Yup still out there and still made by some AR makers.

Kinda silly when you can buy a 7 pound 308 AR.

Boolit Master
    I think that around last Christmas they were sold out for the time being of the parts to make them. But I am hoping they'll at least run off some barrels and bolts for the AR's though. I want to get one to play with too.

Boolit Master

Saw 2 of the rifles in a pawn shop in Clarksville about 2 weeks ago. I think they were $1500 each. If I had 1000+ empty brass, I would consider barreling one of my Turkish mausers in that caliber or necked up to 35 caliber.

Boolit Master
    Very interesting. Silly for me a balding older fella getting the bug to play with ar's isn't it? But I look at all of this side of guns with a very optimistic view and I see no reason to stop now! I would really love to get actual 30-30 performance out of these guns then I could tell my old stiff buddies how great these guns are! I really would love to get a barrel for that cartridge. I read from varying sources as to what that cartridge comes from. I thought it was the 450 bushmaster than I started hearing the 284. If the 284 works that would solve the brass issue.
    Look twice, shoot once.

It's based on the .450 Bushmaster and provides .300 Savage ballistics with 150 grain bullets if I remember correctly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Banned

From what I understand it's based on a modified 450 Bushmaster case which is turn was based off a 284 Win. The 30 RAR has a larger rim size then the 30-06/ 308 family. It's possible you could get those two other cases to work, don't know if different rim size would cause any problems.

Boolit Master
    Rim size is of no bother as long as I have metal to remove. Swagging a rim on can be done but it takes time. Very rare that I dump a mag full out in a hurry because I get more fun shooting 5 or 10 shot groups giving the barrel time to cool after each shot if needed. Now my kids, that is a complete other story. When they shoot only one question is heard.You got any more reloads to shoot? I really would love to have that 30 AR chambered barrel . Then if I had the money to get the 375 socom I would be set for anything big or small.
    Look twice, shoot once.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nekshot View Post
    Rim size is of no bother as long as I have metal to remove. Swagging a rim on can be done but it takes time. Very rare that I dump a mag full out in a hurry because I get more fun shooting 5 or 10 shot groups giving the barrel time to cool after each shot if needed. Now my kids, that is a complete other story. When they shoot only one question is heard.You got any more reloads to shoot? I really would love to have that 30 AR chambered barrel . Then if I had the money to get the 375 socom I would be set for anything big or small.
    Don't waste your time on the 375 SOCOM, get this:

http://www.375raptor.com/375RAPTOR/
    http://www.375raptor.com/375RAPTOR/test/