RepackboxTitan ReloadingWidenersInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply Load Data

Thread: WTT: Beretta M1934

Boolit Buddy

Negotiations Commenced Beretta M1934

I have acquired a Beretta M1934 .380ACP manufactured in 1941 for the Italian Army. It was brought to this country on a Liberty Ship by a friends father. The condition is very good considering the age. The barrel is in good shape and shoots well. I would like to trade it for either a Colt or Kimber .45ACP Officer's Model. Please send me whatever questions you may have. Thanks, John
    http://www.jgsales.com/beretta-1934-...-p-101230.html

Negotiations have begun - TP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Beretta 1934 001.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	120.9 KB 
ID:	214678   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Beretta 1934 002.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	116.4 KB 
ID:	214679   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Beretta 1934 003.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	214680   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Beretta 1934 004.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	89.4 KB 
ID:	214681   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Beretta 1934 005.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	49.1 KB 
ID:	214682  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Beretta 1934 006.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	118.8 KB 
ID:	214683  
    Last edited by Virginia John; 02-26-2018 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Negotiations Commenced

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Are there capture papers, original holster or other collectible WW2 militaria with it?

Very simple, rugged, reliable guns. I have two. Probably the very best of the WW2 bring backs.

When I was in Italy I was instructed by the Carabinieri in Milan that before removing the empty magazine to reload, to retract the slide back a fraction of an inch to engage the safety, which then holds the slide open. After doing so, you can actuate the butt release to withdraw the magazine. When done this manner, the safety holds the slide back, so that you can insert a loaded magazine and then release the slide by disengaging the safety to chamber a round, in a manner similar to the M1911 pistol.

Roy Dunlap’s thorough description of the Beretta 1934, appears in Ordnance Went Up Front, (Stackpole, 1948), (1998 Reprint available from The Firearm Classic Library):

“...the Beretta...[is[, by far, the best standard sized auto loading pocket pistol in the world…(its) rugged simplicity keeps it …running when (sand) brings…(close tolerance) double-action Walthers and Mausers grinding to a halt.”

“…The Italian Army Model 1934 9mm Corto, outnumbered all other (war trophy) pistols (in the ETO) combined… one of the sturdiest and most reliable auto pistols ever made...

The only broken part I ever saw… was a hammer, in which the gun was dropped cocked and locked onto concrete. The service stocks have steel backing plates so if the composition panels are cracked or broken…parts are held securely, so that function of the gun is not affected in any way. The magazine holds seven cartridges. The gun is very well designed and made. I have never been able to cause a malfunction in one without actually bending the steel magazine lips with pliers!…

“…simple to work on…having only 36 parts, none…frail or subject to easy breakage…although many GI’s needed a fixin’ job…because Standard Operating Procedure in the Italian Army, if capture was imminent, was to remove the thumb safety and drop it into the desert sand. GIs were always bringing me Berettas having ‘a hole in the middle’ and asking for me to make the part...So, I got pretty good at it.

“The manual thumb safety holds the pistol together by locking the barrel into the frame; it also acts as a stop for and receives its tension from the recoil spring guide, acting as a slide lock to hold the pistol open for inspection or takedown…

"The hammer may be manually cocked at any time and it is theoretically possible …to discharge accidentally with the safety on, in spite of the fact that it uses the short, inertia type firing pin requiring a full blow. Such an accident would be possible only by breaking away the sear notch in the hammer.

"The depth of sear notch and angle of engagement make this unlikely… the disconnector is effective in preventing doubling as the trigger cannot move the sear until the slide is fully closed.

“The Italians believe in safe trigger pulls, safe meaning heavy...it is simple for a skilled gunsmith to remove the hammer and in a manner similar to the M1911 work up a creep-free 4-pound trigger retaining a completely safe depth of sear engagement…”
    Last edited by Outpost75; 02-20-2018 at 04:06 PM.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Buddy

Unfortunately, the only thing I have is the weapon itself without papers or import marks.

Sent you a pm
    "If you make listening and observation your occupation you will gain much more than you can by talk.." --Lord Robert Baden-Powell

Boolit Buddy

PM responded to and thanks.

Boolit Man
    I have one of these that my dad brought back from WWII with an original holster. They are built like a tank! I recently reloaded some ammo for this and was having some occasional issues with the firing pin not setting off the primer. It has never done this with any factory ammo.

Boolit Buddy

The one that is posted here will eat anything you feed it.

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Both of the 1934s I have produce 0.012" copper indent on the "C" size copper in the gov't gage and smack the primers harder than most modern 9mms. Mine also feed anything, JHPs, WFNs, etc.

To ddcrawford, if your Dad's bringback produces light strikes, I would expect hardened Cosmolene goobering up the firing pin, retracting spring and firing pin stop. Thorough cleaning and reassembly probably in order. Also possibility if dry fired alot that either the firing pin, its retaining pin or the retracting spring are broke, Numrich Gun Parts has original Beretta replacements, or at least did a few years ago.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

pm sent
    "Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
    -John Wayne

Boolit Buddy

PM responded to.

Boolit Buddy

I have lots of people who want to buy but I am trying to hold out for a trade as indicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia John View Post
    I have lots of people who want to buy but I am trying to hold out for a trade as indicated.
    Stick to your gun (s), man!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy

I have considered another gun I would be willing to trade for: ARMSCOR ROCK ISLAND ARMORY 1911-A2 MS 22 TCM/9MM COMBO BLACK 9MM / .22 TCM 4.25-INCH 17RDS

Boolit Buddy

Saturday bump

Boolit Buddy

Sunday bump

Boolit Buddy

The deal has been completed, please close.