RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingRepackboxLoad Data
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingWidenersLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ar 10

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
    Usually I don't give much credence to brand names. But I'll go ahead and 'pony up' more for an Armalite when we're talking AR-10s. A cousin of mine paid a bit under $6 Bens for an AR-10 on a 'Black Friday' deal. It's a jam-a-matic. I feel bad for him, but sometimes that's what happens.

He's a smart guy. He'll get it fixed. Sooner or later . . .

YMMV.
    What brand is it? I have a DPMS and it’s fed any factory ammo I’ve fed it. The only issue I’ve ever had with the rifle was when trying to go with cast. I bought the Lee 170 rn mold and because of the tight chamber I have to seat them to a shorter OAL, but once I sorted that out it’s fed them fine as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper View Post
    Irish Proverb: Never approach a Bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an Idiot from any direction!

Jam-a-matic is usually a mag issue. I did have to tweak the lips of my metal dpms mags. They feed everything from Amax to 311041 style. MOA @200 with cast is fine for me.

My dpms are gen I, I did notice the bolt change but not in the market for any more so maybe there are other changes.
    Whatever!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by popper View Post
    Jam-a-matic is usually a mag issue. I did have to tweak the lips of my metal dpms mags. They feed everything from Amax to 311041 style. MOA @200 with cast is fine for me.

My dpms are gen I, I did notice the bolt change but not in the market for any more so maybe there are other changes.
    Popper I think, not sure, they may have changed the barrel nut. I know they changed the free float tubes. I'm not overly excited about dual ejectors. We know that spring loaded ejectors push the cartridge to one side of the chamber ALL THE TIME!! To me that is a misaligned cartridge. Maybe not as bad with neck sized only.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12