WidenersInline FabricationRepackboxRotoMetals2
Load DataTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Snyders Jerky Reloading Everything
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to calculate clicks for down range distances?

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by country gent View Post
    Look at the 243 Winchester with a 1-7 twist barrel also. The long VLDs Shot very well for me at 1000yds with very light recoil. For awhile here the "hot" caliber for 1000yd position shooting was the 6.5 X 284 did very good and lighter recoil than the big magnums.
    In my 243 I shot 105 jlks, 107 sierras, and 107 grn starke flat base, Also 105 and 115 grn bergers.
    The Wife has a 243 she loves hers and they are all DRT shots.. Its a great Caliber.

The 30-06 has spawned off a fare number of other cartridge calibers I wonder if it wins the prize for that!
    Last edited by Survival Bill; 02-27-2018 at 01:08 AM.

Boolit Grand Master

Those bullets mentioned in the fast twist barrel ( it is a custom endeavor I don't know any factory 1-7 243 barrel rifles. But the blanks are available) do very well in the wind and downrange. Definitly not hunting bullets but very accurate and easy shooting. The only draw back to the 243 for over the coarse and target use is barrel life is short. My first hart barrel went 2300 rds when I started loosing X count at 600yds. The next Krieger Barrel went 2600 rds. The model 70 now wears a Krieger barrel with 1200 thru it. My AR10 243 upper is a Krieger 1-7 with roughly 1000 rds gone. As a side note The other upper is a fast twist 22-250 ( 1-7) that's deadly at 600 with 80 grn JLKs ( one evening I put 11 of 20 rounds in a 1 1/2" spotting disc at 600 yds. But I'm only expecting 1800 rds from this kreiger barrel. But if recoil is a real concern a 22-250 with a 1-7 twist might suit your needs also. As a long range gun only the short barrel life isn't as big a issue since there arnt as many long range matches a year.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123