Titan ReloadingWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
RepackboxLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Snyders Jerky Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Grilled Cheese Sandwiches

Boolit Master

Grilled Cheese Sandwiches

My wife and I had grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup tonight for dinner.
    This might not sound very exciting, but, I put a little extra in the sandwiches. This is something I've been doing for many years.
    The little extra is onions & jalapenos. I slice the jalapenos and dice the onion and sauteed them together in butter until transparent.
    Prepare grilled cheese as normal and add the onion & jalapeno, brown bread and enjoy.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

I put bacon and tomato on mine. Actually quite a bit of bacon

Boolit Master
    Great eats! We have it around here about every 2-3 weeks during the winter months & once in a while the rest of the year.

Sometimes we add stuff to it for a change, but most often it is just the grilled cheese sandwiches & the soup.

We put up our own tomatoes & use that for ours, instead of store bought canned tomato soup. Seems like it makes it taste better than store bought anyway...

LOL

I am eating home made chili right now, or I would have mad that for tonites supper.. LOL

I guess it will be later this week.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Moderator Emeritus

I am not really a cheese person, I like it with flavor but much of the cheddar sold today reminds me of elastics. I do like a quesadilla with a sharp cheese and some ham or chicken.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Grand Master

I put a slice of turkey, ham, or bolanga in my grilled cheese with a slice of sharp chedder on each side

Moderator Emeritus

Very definition of comfort food! Dip the grilled cheese in the soup!

Boolit Grand Master

Not a fan of Tomato soup, but cream of chicken works as well also with the grilled cheese for me

Boolit Master
    I grew up spreading any kind of jam on my grilled cheese. Moms homemade strawberry was the best btw. I didn't know you could eat them w/o jam. My wife used to put mayo on hers until I taught her the proper way to eat a grilled cheese sandwich.

In Remembrance

Replace the cheese with peanut butter, regular or crunchy, it's pretty darn taste bud friendly also.

I make a grilled cheese the normal way except I add a "layer" of deviled ham (with a little mustard in it) and cook it up...my Wife calls it "Alpo" (sort of looks like dog food) and man is it good...messy but good.

Currently have a love affair with Asiago Cheese, a bit of shredded really helps with the flavour along with your regular cheese.
    loading 22 Hornet, 218 Bee, 223 Rem, 22-250, 220 Swift, 6MM Rem, 6.5X55, 7X57, 7-30 Waters, 30-06 , 32-20 Win, 303 British, 38/357 , 12 and 20 gauge

Boolit Grand Master

Cabot Hunter's Cheese - at WalMart of all places. "Seriously sharp" white cheddar. I agree, Dave, Asiago is good too. If you want to have some fun crumble a little blue cheese into the mix. I make omelets with Stilton.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Moderator Emeritus

Cabot's is god stuff! I buy the extra sharp white cheddar big 2 pound brick every month. Greta on tacos, in omelets, on burgers, slice a chunk and stick it on a piece of buttered bread with some good mustard...

I’m a bad man, I put butter on the outside and mayo on the inside for more flavor. Once in a while I’ll even throw in some ham or roast beef if I’m really hungry.
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper View Post
    Irish Proverb: Never approach a Bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an Idiot from any direction!

Boolit Master
    When's a grilled cheese, not a grilled cheese any more?

Boolit Grand Master
    I dip my grilled cheese in milk. Don't remember why I started that, but thats how I like it. Dip my tuna sandwiches in tomato soup. That I started when I was 6 and that was many decades ago.

Banned
    I like mine unadorned. Bread buttered on the outside, American cheese on the inside. Grilled. Tomato soup made with whole milk and a chunk of butter floating on top to dip in

Boolit Master
    I prefer to use swiss cheese. Have not tried Asiago grilled, but it is great in an omelet. Recently tried some Kerrygold Dubliner cheese from Sam's Club. It is simply outstanding!

Boolit Master
    My wife makes some killer grilled cheese. I'm more prone to make toasted cheese. Toast the bread, when it pops from the toaster pull it out and butter the inside, lay a slice of Velveeta or Swiss or whatever, any little something like the aforementioned bacon or onion and pop it in the microwave for about 6 seconds, just enough to melt the cheese some. I like to slice the sandwich corner to corner...
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigboat View Post
    I put bacon and tomato on mine. Actually quite a bit of bacon
    Thats how I take mine.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast