Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Wideners Repackbox
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I will admit having a 4595 Hi Point

Boolit Bub
    I've been looking for a Marlin Camp but no luck or the price was way too much.

Boolit Master

Have a thompson , fun to shoot , then I bought the 45acp hi-point and the 40 , then the 9mm , oldest daughter liked shooting the 45 , so I gave her the 9mm . I like the 40 and the 45 hi-points the best and they are great shooters , fun and accurate , since 22 long rifle is not cheap any more and I have square deal b for the pistol calibers , it is cheap to shoot , pick up brass reload and cost is pretty low . If the ar pistol calibers were closer to the rifle caliber cost I would go that route . But hi-point does back their product and I am pleased with the way they shoot and the carbine pistol caliber fits a perceived need . No reason not to like them and I do not consider them any uglier then some of my older military rifles , would be nice if they were wood and they would cost more to though .

Boolit Master
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VneJr-lOrdc 1911 mag conversion for 4595 Hi Point
    Frank G.

Boolit Bub
    Frank, thanks for that video. I didn't know that there was anything like that out there. I knew that you could modify the 1911 mags to fit the Hi Point but then they wouldn't work in the 1911.

Boolit Buddy
    I have the 45 auto carbine and it is a blast to shoot...gonna buy one of the 10mm

I have the older style carbines in 995 and 4095 models, bought my grandson a 995 too. They all shoot wonderfully! Great little carbines. Think I need a 10mm though, I keep finding 10mm brass.....

Boolit Buddy
    I just talked to my friendly neighborhood FFL about one of the new Hi-Point carbines in 10mm yesterday.
    I told him I was interested in one and he said he just got an email from a distributor the day before letting him know these were available.
    He said he had plans to get one for the shop, so I told him to go ahead and order one for me as well.

Don't know when it will show up, but I'm looking forward to it.
    I have a 10mm 1911 to compliment the carbine.

Boolit Master
    I HAD a 45. It ran flawlessly. It had a funny spring to it when fired and it stung my cheek. I could live with both. I just couldn't keep a 6" pattern at 50 yards, so I sold it. I liked the form and function, but couldn't put up with inaccuracy.
    "What makes you think I care" ........High Plains Drifter

Rick C.

Boolit Buddy
    I have 9mm. took peep sights off and put old tasco red dot on it. 122 gr cast over max load of acc 7 will punch one big ragged hole at 50 yds. I can hit 12 x12 plate at 200 yds fairly regularly. Makes my shooting buddy mad he spent close to a grand on his 9mm ar. hee! hee! hee!

Personally I consider them short range self defense guns. Great for inside the house, out to 25 yards.

I was pleasantly surprised at how well my latest the .45acp did at 25 and 50 yards. Once we had it zero'd was no sweat keeping everything in a fairly tight circle.

My .40sw I noticed was developing a fairly large cone of fire at even 50 feet.

Had the 9mm Hipoint Carbine at the range today. At close range, 20 feet and in you put the dot on the spot, pull the trigger and the spot has a hole where the dot was.

Long range 100 + accurate, nope, not in my opinion. But I don't need them for that. I have several rifles that can do that.

With the 20 round Red Ball boomarang magazine you have a whole lot of fire power dead on target up close and personal. Makes me sleep good at night. YMMV.

I like my hipoints.

My new shooting partner liked the 9mm even better than the .45acp.

To me they are all just plain fun to shoot.

In Remembrance
    I passed one up at a garage sale a couple of years ago, that I kind of wished I would have picked up, Not sure what for though.

My son in law has had a highpoint 45 handgun for several years, you can call it ugly if you want to, but I wouldn't want to be one the wrong end of it, it just takes care of business when called for.

Took my neighbor to the range 2 weeks ago, let him run 50 rounds of 9mm through the Hipoint 9mm Carbine.

Ohhhhh he loved that even more than the .45acp. Till I reminded him he shot the .45acp at 25 yards, and he shot the 9mm at 20 feet.

LOL

Still, boat loads of fun no matter how you slice it.

Boolit Master
    I would admit to having one IF I COULD. Yeppers its on the ban list for NYS. I love pistol round carbines. I would have them all.

Banned

I see redball is now making 20 rounders for it. Id trust them way before a promag. might be worth picking up a 45 now.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123