RepackboxLoad DataRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
WidenersLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I will admit having a 4595 Hi Point

Boolit Master
    Nothing wrong with them at all. Granted they are a little awkward looking or cumbersome but they work. They used a zinc alloy casting for the slide which was unique. But nothing special though. The barrel is still a steel one. Anyway it is nice to hear from people that have them and use them.

Boolit Master
    little hold over at 417 yards??

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    Quote Originally Posted by turtlezx View Post
    little hold over at 417 yards??
    About 4' is all .
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Buddy
    I have one, it shoots well and was cheap enough. Mine feeds everything I've run through it so far. I refuse to wear a bag on my head at the range................embrace the ugly!!!

Boolit Grand Master
    I have a 45 acp one. I tried some, IIRC 454309 wadcutters, but really didn't expect them to feed, but darned if they fed just fine.

Boolit Grand Master
    Great reports and a testament to the practicality of the gun.

But they missed the boat by not making a model that would accept Glock magazines. I would buy one immediately if that ever happened. It is one reason I am now considering the new Ruger carbine. Plus the Ruger is reported to have a decent trigger. There is a significant difference in price, but I look at guns as long term investments, so another $10/year is the real cost.
    Don Verna

OK... I'll come out of the closet too. Bought an older (and way uglier) 995 about 10 years ago. Rough around the edges, extremely low tech, mushy trigger and you can pick up a bolt handle at the hardware store if needed. Everything said and done, it shoots anything I can cram into a magazine with accuracy that, for the price, shouldn't be there. Put a cheap Bushnell red dot on it and traded out the stock from ATI. I can't think of another set up that has cost me less than $400 that has put more smiles on my face than this little mongrel.
    Last edited by 18Bravo; 03-01-2018 at 06:15 PM.

Boolit Master

I've had a hi point 45 carbine since they came out. Never once has jammed.

Boolit Master
    I have to admit I am considering one but I am a bit OCD when it comes to cleaning. How hard are they to break down and clean for someone who admits to being mechanically challenged??

Boolit Master

Breakdown is actually easy after you do it a time or two and see how everything fits together. 2 pins and 2 sliding wedges are all it is.
    "In God we trust, in all others, check the manual!"

I've had the 9mm. I didn't like the weight to power ratio- next one will be a .45 I reckon. They are solid guns, use them proudly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Just fun and reliable plinking carbines. Mine is in 40S&W a round I much prefer in the carbine than in a pistol. They are inexpensive, reliable, fun and also ugly. What's not to like.Gp

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by ichthyo View Post
    I have a 9mm 995TS. I'm waiting for the bullpup conversion kit from High Tower Armory. Should be out this spring.Attachment 214615
    Lipstick on a pig, but thats some lipstock.

Boolit Master
    I can remember when al this ugly talk was about AR's. HiPoint is not any uglier than an AR or AK.

Boolit Master

Imagine if glock made a rifle or carbine.. Might give hi point a run for the money on cornering the 'fugly' market... just sayin..

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Earlwb View Post
    Nothing wrong with them at all. Granted they are a little awkward looking or cumbersome but they work. They used a zinc alloy casting for the slide which was unique. But nothing special though. The barrel is still a steel one. Anyway it is nice to hear from people that have them and use them.
    The 4595 is a carbine, has no slide...

I love the 20 round mag's Red Ball developed for the 9mm Hipoint. Got the Hipoint seal of approval too. It works.

Waiting for a bigger mag for the .45 and .40.

Not that 9 or 10 is not enough. But it is nice not to have to reload so often.

I've yet to see anyone run 10 rounds through one with a sighted in Red Dot at the pistol range who does not turn around with this huge grin from ear to ear. You put the dot where you want the bullet to go, you pull the trigger, it goes there. Within a quarter of an inch mostly.

My wife put 10 rounds from the .40sw that cut the center 1" right out of a 2 inch shoot and see bullseye. I mean it was empty, a few shreds.

And the .45acp is showing signs that it is going to be my favorite accuracy wise. Got to love that thump.

It may be right out of planet of the apes but man that thing is BAD. Would not want to be looking down that bore.

Since Ruger doesn't offer the PC Carbine in 40 S&W, and most likely won't, I am considering the Hi Point. However, now that Hi Point put out the carbine in 10mm, well....

Boolit Bub
    Still waiting for some one to come out with a PC Carbine in the 45ACP that uses the 1911 mag. I sure hope that Ruger does it soon. I'd of had a Hi Point if it took that mag. already.

Quote Originally Posted by wizofwas View Post
    Still waiting for some one to come out with a PC Carbine in the 45ACP that uses the 1911 mag. I sure hope that Ruger does it soon. I'd of had a Hi Point if it took that mag. already.
    Marlin Camp 45.
    Harter 66- were you shooting downhill? I ask because a .223 drops about 4' over 400yards.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast