RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionWideners
Load DataPBcastcoRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I will admit having a 4595 Hi Point

Boolit Master

I will admit having a 4595 Hi Point

Went to the range to test it as just got it two weeks ago. Put 100 PC 230gr RN cast from range lead through it with great results. Also 50 230 gr PC cast with range scrap with good results no failure and good accuracy. I have a Hi Point and am happy with it, there I admited it
    Frank G.

Boolit Buddy
    I will join you, I got mine 2 years ago and it is ugly and a little heavy but its affordable, accurate and reliable, never jammed yet. The weight does not bother me because I bought it for a home gun. my son bought a expensive gun and his has jammed on a number occasions mine does not.

Boolit Master
    Me three!! My 4595 eats anything that I feed it and without a hiccup or burp of displeasure. Cast, jacketed.....it doesn't matter. Shoots the center out of a target at 25 yards like nobodys business.

Boolit Master

I too have drank form the trough. Mines a 9 and it will digest anything I throw at it. I'm kinda partial to the Lee 105-SWCs though. I like them purty round holes it makes.

Banned

I've been casually wanting one. Was in the PX on Fort Riley and they can be had for $200 even brand new and no sales tax. I think one is in my not too distant future.

Boolit Master
    Only have a ,380 right now, but been wanting the .45ACP. They won't sell them in MN due to their being mostly "plastic" & "pot metals" that melt below 1000F deg., the way I understand it.

Stupid..

Anyway, I will get one when I can. Glad to hear you folks are liking yours.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master

Love mine, and I have proof she is more than a range toy!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20171204_171029-1.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	65.7 KB 
ID:	214603
    About 200 pounds from 70 yards. The Lee 200rf passed clean through and dropped him right there. She has accounted for 2 more 50-60 pounders since.
    "In God we trust, in all others, check the manual!"

Boolit Master
    I have the 40 S@W carbine and like it a lot. It is accurate at 25 yards haven't tried any farther. It also shoots about anything I put through it. The only thing I had problems with is the cheep red dot I put on it.i hate to buy a expensive red dot for it but might buy a better one soon. I took off the factory rear sight since my old eyes do not like the factory one at all. I put on a ar 15 adj rear site and the red dot. Looks a lot better to me. Only problem is now using the rear site is to tall. I ran out of adj on the front site to go up. The only solution is to make the front sight taller and re tap the screw hole. It is a fun toy at the range every body wants to shoot it

Banned
    My son and I each have our own gun collections. He likes what he likes and I buy what I like. We often share and trade around.

But we also have a few "common guns". These are guns that we are both interested in but not enough to pony up the cash on our own. When we find a gun like this we split the cost of the gun 50/50 and then we put it through it's paces.

This is how we came to own a Hi Point in 9mm. The guys at our FFL who did the paperwork snickered a little bit but that's okay.

Now, a year later, he wants to keep the gun for himself. It shoots everything we put in it. It hits the 8" gong every time. With a Red Dot it was fun. Now he has a set of Magpul MBUS sights on it.

I want one in 45 ACP and I don't care who knows it.

We are also waiting for the bullpup replacement stock to hit the market.

Boolit Master

I found that I like the ghost ring factory sights on it well enough that I did not even put an optic on mine.

Moderator Emeritus

Getting an itch for the 10mm. One of these days

Quote Originally Posted by MrWolf View Post
    Getting an itch for the 10mm.
    Me too. For those of you that admit you have a Hi Point, how's the trigger?

Boolit Master
    not bad on mine it isn't a match trigger but not bad
    Frank G.

Boolit Master
    I have one of the early ones in 9mm. Trigger's kinda mushy, but it shoots great and digests pretty much anything I feed it. My cast boolit of choice for it is a Lee TL 124 TC, preferably powder coated but I sometimes just use liquid alox.
    When I first got it I mostly shot Lee 158 RF, tumble lubed and sized .356".

Banned
    The trigger on our carbine is a little heavy with some travel. But it is consistent in it's let off and doesn't take much to get used to.

Could it be better? Oh yeah, but it's not a deal breaker.

Boolit Buddy
    I have a 9mm 995TS. I'm waiting for the bullpup conversion kit from High Tower Armory. Should be out this spring.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	High-Tower-Armory-LLC-Ruger-10-22-bullpup-stocks-and-accessories-660x225.png 
Views:	45 
Size:	219.8 KB 
ID:	214615

I too belong to the "keep it hidden in the bag" group..never had any problems....but why can't they make it look less like a cordless drill????

Banned
    I bought one years ago when they came out. I put a red dot on it with a 2X multiplier on it and its very accurate. No problems at 100 yards. Haven't tried 200 yards with it. It seems to run everything I put in the magazine. There was a lot of talk about the large capacity mags not working so I purchased two of them. They had a very slight problem feeding that I corrected in about 15 minutes and they work very well now.

I have 3 carbines, 9mm, .40sw, .45acp. Really love the .45.

All have Red Dots on them, folding foregrip.

Foregrip works great at the range. Holds the gun up off the table at a comfortable height, easy to pivot, aim up, down.

They work.

I don't consider them long range weapons, I have single shots that can knock their socks off at 100 yards. But in closer than that they are nice compact trouble free shooters.

Ugly as sin, but Ugly is as Ugly does. So maybe not so ugly after all.

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    I bought 1 in 45 ACP . Got a few mags . For fun I put 3/10 on a 12×18 plate at 162 yd standing off hand with a 454424 at about 900 fps got 1/5 on out at 417 yd .
    Definitely a fun plinker with plenty of punch if needed .
    They really aren't heavy or clumsy if you've handled a Thomson .
    Companion guns are expensive in 45 ACP and while they look , feel and cost cheap it seems to me like they are a good investment with so far a good return .

It gets bonus points for feeding everything that will fit in the mag too .
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast