Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Repackbox
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationLoad DataReloading Everything
Wideners Snyders Jerky

Thread: The day has finally come..........

The day has finally come..........

Talked to my father the other day and will be flying back home, Memorial Day weekend, with an empty rifle travel case and returning with about 10 rifles. This not even the tip of the iceberg on this. After I retire next year or maybe even during my leave period prior to actual retirement date, I will be driving back home to pick up the rest of the collection. This gives me time to pick up 2 more 24+ gun vaults in the mean time.

Anyway, the rifles are an array of Winchester 1873, 1876, and 1892 in .22 rimfire, .32-20, .38-40, .44-40, and .45-60. Also, the oddball, Marlin 1881 in .38-55. Almost like a kid on Christmas because I can't wait to get these to the range and work up some loads with them. Already have some molds ready to go, just nee some brass and dies, at least for the .38-40, .38-55, and .45-60. I haven't shot these since I was a kid at my grandfather's farm, so it's been at least 40+ years since they have been fired.

Sounds like a levergun pot of gold. Congratulations ! Don’t forget to give your dad a big hug.

You sir are a lucky man. Ditto on the big hugs for dad.

Moderator Emeritus

Wow. I am also a levergun nut, but wow. Congrats and another for giving Dad a hug.

Boolit Grand Master
    If you have an 1873 in .22 that is a rare bird.

Sounds like you have a lot of range time ahead of you!
    Don Verna

Banned
    Fathers like yours are a treasure. But I'm sure that I don't have to tell you that.

I will be the same with 100+- guns, I have steadily added and improved my hearts desire in firearms with lever guns well represented and amongst my favorites along with 1874 Sharp's.I have designated specific guns to individuals,Son,Daughter 4 granddaughters and one grandson.All reloading equipment is cataloged, they know not to put my moulds in a 5 gal. bucket and sell it for $15.00 at a garage sale.
    I have passed on about 15 guns in the past 8-10 yrs as the grandkids have ran off with all of my .22's.Iv'e replaced them with CZ .22's for the next batch of kids.

I wish my dad collected Lever Guns. He was never interested in guns or hunting. Just has a S&W Model 64. But he was a fisherman extraordinaire. So he has tons of fishing gear. And he has a tool collection that is massive. Hopefully I don't get any of it for a very long time though.

Boolit Grand Master

Sounds like an awesome collection of rifles and memories. I hope you'll pass both on to your kids someday. Enjoy!
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.