Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRepackboxRotoMetals2
Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help scoping a savage 23d 22 Hornet

Boolit Master
    The Unertil would have the perfect look, or an old Fecker. An old Weaver V8 with external adjustments was as close as I could afford.

Mine is a 25-20 and has an assortment of holes and came with a Redfield windage adjustable mount. It has had a peep sight at one time. I dug through a box of bases at the gun shop and found a set for an inline BP rifle that fit. I only used one screw on the back base and it is fine.

Dave

I've had a few 23s, 22 Hornets, 25/20 and 32/20. Most came to me with the old Weaver N mounts
    in 1/2" flavor. I upgraded all to 1" scopes. Some with 1" N mounts & the newer Weaver side mount
    I did a couple with 1 piece Weaver base that was for a H&R 22 mag semi auto rifle, I forget base
    number. The radius was right and again I was attached with one screw in rear. The last one I had
    was a 32/20 that had more holes than a flute for side mounts. That one I used Weaver side rail
    I would rather put bases on top the action if possible. I only have one gun with side mounts that
    I like. A 870 Rem, my Gsmith was under the opinion there wasn't enough meat on top the action
    to hold screws. At first I wasn't to happy with it but it's low, solid and scope is dead center over
    bore. He did turn out to be right some friends had top of action D&Ted for the Weaver 1 piece base
    For Rem 742/760 and recoil pulled the screws. This was back in 60s before Slug guns were common and scopes on shotguns was rare. Still have gun with original rig & K3, holding 0 since 66

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12