WidenersInline FabricationSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
RepackboxLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Lee Precision RotoMetals2

Thread: lee .311 93 1 r 6 cav mold

Boolit Buddy

lee .311 93 1 r 6 cav mold

I just received my new lee .311 93 1 r 6 cav mold . I think I got a pretty good deal on this mold I found a seller selling it on e bay for 39.95 and free shipping . the mold is 42$ plus shipping from midway so I figured i'd have 50 in it anyhow, I plan on trying it for 327 fed . I stayed away from this particular mold in the past because of the .311 diameter but that was before I got into powder coating so I figure now I can gain a little on top of that .311 . ive been using the lee .314 90 gr swc mold but it only comes in a 2 cav. I feel I can crank out a decent amount of bullets with it at over 400 per hour but I'm just getting to the point I don't really wanna screw with double cav molds anymore unless there's just no other option.

Boolit Master
    I have that same mold but in 2 cavity. It makes fine boolits for the 7.62x25 Tokarev and the 7.63x25 Mauser (Broomhandle) pistols. Some years ago I took one of these 2 cavity mold's to a machinist and had the bottom driving band and lube groove removed hoping to find a solution to feeding my 32 acp pistols. This didn't work out so well. When boolits were seated to cover the top lube groove they were too short for reliable feed-up, and I didn't want to load them with the lube groove (the only one remaining after modifications) exposed. The diameter is a bit shy for 32 S&W but powder coating would remedy that. I went next to the Lee 311-100-2R, same modification, and got perfect results for 32 acp. There is no end to the modifications one can accomplish with Lee molds. Hollow-pointing, anyone? This also works well.