WidenersLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationReloading EverythingRepackbox
Titan Reloading Load Data

Thread: potato pancakes with home made apple butter

Banned

potato pancakes with home made apple butter

Who likes other than me? https://www.daringgourmet.com/tradit...tato-pancakes/ close to mine

Boolit Master

I love em! Reminds me of going to my grandmothers house, yumyum! Can't forget the chicken stew with potato dumplings!
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years (Abe Lincoln)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington

Moderator Emeritus

My grandparents had a crabapple tree that produced hundreds of pounds of apples every year. We would pick 4-5 5 gallon buckets then peel, core, and slice them on an old fashioned apple peeler(I have one like it!). Cook them down all day constantly stirring, add just enough sugar to sweeten them a bit. Ate it on toast, waffles, pancakes, on top of pork chops...

Banned
    thanks for the reminder I will fry some thin pork chops to complete

Boolit Master

If we had potatoes at supper, we were having potato cakes for breakfast !

Boolit Master

Was Mid-Michigan, 2 Orlando, 2 Jacksonville, Fl.
    Ate them weekly at grams house. Big stacks! I didn’t eat these like a 12 year old!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In Remembrance
    Mary, what we called crab apples in east Texas, I never knew they were edible, I think it may be different from what you are calling crab apple.

Moderator Emeritus

Crab apples are smaller, 1 to 1 1/2 inch diameter really sour apples that are very high in pectin so the apple butter thickens better. To sour to eat out of hand but add some sugar and cook them down they are heaven!

Moderator Emeritus

Mrs buckwheatpaul makes the best potato pancakes....to them I add fried eggs or sour cream and tomatoes....but now that you mention it I will try the apple butter....thanks for the suggestion!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan