Titan ReloadingInline FabricationLee PrecisionRepackbox
RotoMetals2WidenersReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cornell Publications LLC

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomRider64 View Post
    I will throw my name into pot as well. I do not have a "mentor" and not a lot of time due to other hobbies, so printed info works good in my situation.

I currently have a Speer reloading manual and a reloading for pistol and revolver manual. I am looking for more printed information,,,never can have too much.

I am just getting into casting bullets and like many I recently purchased a Lee mold for ACP. Will be adding one for the Colt SAA soon. I plan to get other dies as funds permit.

Try this:

Your revolver will tell you what diameter bullets it wants. Simply remove the cylinder and point it at the ground. Get ahold of some .452 bullets and some .454 bullets. Drop a bullet into a chamber. What happens? If the bullet drops right through, it is too small. If it hangs up and requires a gentle shove with a pencil to push it through, it is perfect. If it hangs up and requires a lot of force to shove it through the chamber throat, it is too big. Pretty simple. Try this test with both .452 and .454 bullets, be sure to try it in several chambers. The cylinder will tell you what diameter bullets it wants.

Driftwood Johnson said this well on Apr 5, 2015! I am merely quoting him!

Try this and then PM me with your contact info.

Quote Originally Posted by BrassMagnet View Post
    Try this:

Your revolver will tell you what diameter bullets it wants. Simply remove the cylinder and point it at the ground. Get ahold of some .452 bullets and some .454 bullets. Drop a bullet into a chamber. What happens? If the bullet drops right through, it is too small. If it hangs up and requires a gentle shove with a pencil to push it through, it is perfect. If it hangs up and requires a lot of force to shove it through the chamber throat, it is too big. Pretty simple. Try this test with both .452 and .454 bullets, be sure to try it in several chambers. The cylinder will tell you what diameter bullets it wants.

Driftwood Johnson said this well on Apr 5, 2015! I am merely quoting him!

Try this and then PM me with your contact info.

Thanks for passing that along,,,A few weeks ago I slugged the barrel and all six chambers. The barrel slugs .4515 and the chambers slug at .453 and one at .4525. Will initially size to .452 as long as it does not lead and accuracy is pie plate good at 25 yards I will be happy. I have been thinking about getting another sizing die and reaming it out to .453 and see how that will affect the pistol.

PM on the way,,,
    Short,Fat,and Slow,,,Yup I love the .45

Boolit Master

I've got all 4 Lyman books but I like that #1 and #2 are 11 X8. When you get to my age, bigger is better in books. I'll have to be careful going thru the Cornell site. I just finished spending a lot of money last night at Bullets.com.
    John
    W.TN

Got my copy of the book from George last Thursday.

The quality review:
    The front and back covers are made of a heavy weight paper, the pages in between appear to be a good weight paper. The edges are crisp and the binding looks to be very sturdy. It will take time to how sturdy but appears to be well made. The printing on the covers appears to be well aligned and crisp. The print on the rest of the pages is crisp and from what I have seen the print is square with the page edges. Some of the photo's are dark and a few are hard to make out. The only negative with what I have seen is that the print on some of the pages is a bit lighter than the rest. No big deal, this is a reprint of an older book.

I personally think the price is fair for the book.

I have started at the beginning and read about 30 or so pages, basically the history of reloading. It is very interesting and I look forward to reading more.

Thanks for the help George!
    Short,Fat,and Slow,,,Yup I love the .45

Boolit Master
    i'll put my name in for a 3rd. edition if any are left?

Boolit Master
    is there any cost for the book? if so i'll have to pass. social security doesn't cut it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12