Load DataInline FabricationSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionReloading EverythingRepackbox
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Slip-gun technique of John Newman from Sixguns by Keith

Boolit Master

Slip-gun technique of John Newman from Sixguns by Keith

My cousin Greg started young in perfecting his slip-gun technique to fight bad guys in Torrance, California in the mid-1950s.

That's me in the cowboy hat keenly watching in case he needed backup. I was wearing my gunbelt and you can see where my right hand is...

Boolit Grand Master
    You definitely need the wrist guard if you are going to try that. A 357 will cut you with the hot gases coming out the cylinder gap. I found that out the hard way early on trying to steady a Python off the bench.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Grand Master
    Someday the “approved” way we currently grasp and fire pistols will be declared obsolete or inadvisable because we simply cannot do things the same way for any length of time. It is human nature.

Contrast the deep FBI crouch and unsighted well below the line of sight point shooting with how it is taught now. We are fooling ourselves if we believe current practices are unchangeable. Someday your kids or grandkids are gonna make fun of how you shot a pistol in the “teens.”

The bottom line, though, is if that person could make their methodology of the past work.......it did. In actual practice these days unsighted fire has gone out of fashion, but no trainer worth listening to will discount the need for point shooting. Most do recommend indexing the gun somewhere in the line of sight even if the sights are not referenced. Compressed ready position excepted at toe to toe distances.

Boolit Master

Back in the day, I would love to see some snowflake/cupcake walk up to a man like John Newman and knock his hat off his head!
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Boolit Master
    Thanks for sharing your memories & the book reference.

Here is one I found online & have been reading it since just after ya posted the OP.

https://books.google.com/books?id=hs...0Keith&f=false
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master
    They ought to put that bit of business into one of those “country lawman comes to sophisticated big city seeking Justice” movies. Seeing the Hero sweep around and pop six (or twenty; who reloads revolvers in movies?) gangstas holding their Glocks sideways might start a new fashion trend in the young demographic. It’s all Black Rifles and simi-otto pistols now; might be a refreshing change.

Boolit Master

I;m sure Mr. Newman could handle it all............
    JMHO-YMMV
    dd884
    gary@2texastrucks.com
    Gary D. Peek