RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Load DataTitan ReloadingRepackboxWideners
Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What the heck to do with a Lorcin .380

What the heck to do with a Lorcin .380

Got a Lorcin SS .380 as part of an estate sale, now I just need to know what the heck to do with it. I have no use or need for it in my collection, and I'm afraid I'd get laughed out of the pawn shop if I took it in. What do you guys think?
    Do the best you can, with what you've got, where you're at. -Theodore Roosevelt

Boolit Master
    Pawn shop. You'll probably get enough for a box of bullets, maybe.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Boolit Buddy
    Of course this means you need to purchase a small boat......since you have a small boat anchor.
    Cast is an adjective, a noun and a verb. Cast works as both imperative and past tense without any additional letters or helping verbs.

Boolit Grand Master
    There are times a gun like that can be useful
    Don Verna

Boolit Master

Wait for one of the gun by back deals and get some money.

Boolit Grand Master
    It didn't cost you anything, and it doesn't eat. I would shoot it a few times to see if it works, and then put it away for that day that you have a relative or friend who needs to borrow a gun against a perceived threat. Of course, if it doesn't shoot, it can still be used for a buy back or a boat anchor . But do not dry fire it. They break the strikers when you do.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Super Moderator

Throw it in the tacklebox. If you don't fish, throw it in the lake.
    Last edited by ShooterAZ; 02-16-2018 at 06:18 PM.

Boolit Grand Master
    I would establish whether it functions or not. I suppose you could keep it in the car or pickup if local laws allow but the idea of a gun so cheap you can lose it or have it stolen has never appealed to me as that means the criminal element has a gun because you failed to secure it.

I would not foist it on anyone. Keep it and shoot it until it breaks at your own risk or destroy it. Having said that I have a Jennings/Lorcin 380 that is surprisingly reliable and utilitarian(ish) for what it is but it is more of a novelty than a gun I would need or want for any purpose. If someone else really needs a gun, if you have any regard for their value as a person see that they get a better gun. Bottom level in quality for me is the Taurus/Rossi series of revolvers.

Say no to pot metal. Tackle box gun for shooting frogs and what not is probably best idea. Such usage is not of dire need.

We found a Lorcin .25 acp and an RG 38 special..both brand new in the box in the dresser when my Mother in Law died...I ran an ad in a collector section of our local gun forum and got a couple of replies and sold both guns (in boxes with all literature and the sales receipts) for something like $50 each...glad to get rid of them..I guess there are collectors that never try and shoot them...

Boolit Master

Take it to a pawn shop and see what they will give you (my buddy has a pawnshop and for a while he wouldn't take any of these kinds of guns in), if it's under 50 walk and wait for your next gun buy-back and get 50-100 bucks for it or a WalMart gift card that you could buy ammo with. You're doing your part keeping the streets "safe".......
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Boolit Master
    Do Not! Remove the grips. 7 essential parts are held by them. You WILL lose one or more.
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

Banned
    Put it on gunbroker. it will bring 60-100 bucks.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    http://www.bryco-jennings-jimenezarms.com/forum

I'd say one of us will be happy to buy it from you!
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    So many possible meanings.
    The Bill of Rights - Void were prohibited by law.
    Soap Box, Ballot Box, Jury Box, Ammo Box. Which one of these is still working properly?
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyR...83SK1hk2GT-Jqg

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by StolzerandSons View Post
    So many possible meanings.
    sometimes a guy needs a hammer, and there is not a real one close by. LOL

Oddly, the .380 version of those guns are pretty solid and can be accurate enough for close up work. Shoot it, see how it functions and how accurate it is, you may have a cheap new pocket gun. The best part is if you do have to use it and the police hold it for a trial you’ll not be out anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper View Post
    Irish Proverb: Never approach a Bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an Idiot from any direction!

Boolit Master
    You could always do one of those gun "torture tests". I can't help but read them when they pop up. I think there is a Glock out there with upwards of 750,000 rounds.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    As a throw down?
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years (Abe Lincoln)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by FergusonTO35 View Post
    http://www.bryco-jennings-jimenezarms.com/forum

I'd say one of us will be happy to buy it from you!
    I never would've imagined that guys would be collecting those things! Maybe I should sell those two that I somehow acquired.
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years (Abe Lincoln)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington

I would buy it if we were face to face, but by the time you ship and pay transfer its a deal killer.
    Why would I want a gun like that? There are many people who want a pistol for the house. They
    don't want to spend much, that's ok because I don't want to sell it. Most people around these parts
    have a gun or two laying around from uncle, ect and you can get a nice 22 or maybe a shotgun
    for a cheap pistol. Any good old single shot 22 or Shotgun is worth more than these type of pistols.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast