RotoMetals2Load DataLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersInline Fabrication
Repackbox

Thread: Help--Computer locks up on boolits

Boolit Master

Help--Computer locks up on boolits

I have a little chrome laptop computer, and it locks up whenever I go on this site. I can get on this site but can't maneuver anywhere. Functions great everywhere else. Been having this problem on & off for months, but now I can't click on anything, it's just dead in the water. Any body have any suggestions as to what I can do? I'm just an old computer dinosaur. Am presently communicating on my wife's computer.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Google chromebook troubleshooting. They do have a few quirks, but all in all I like mine.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Banned
    since its only one website, check your updates.

What programs have you installed once the issues started?

Have you bothered deleting your internet cookies, etc since the trouble started?

Boolit Master

How do I check updates? What are they?
    Have not installed any programs, haven't a clue how to do that.
    How do you delete cookies, and what are they?
    All I use this computer for is to go on a few sites such as this, look something up, and communicate on gmail, that's it.
    Sure would appreciate some help with this, it's driving me nuts.

Boolit Grand Master
    To clear browsing data and cookies, click the three "dots" in the upper right corner of the Chrome browser and select "settings". A new tab will open, scroll to the bottom and click "advanced". You can then scroll down to "clear browsing data"......that cleans things up.

In addition, you can update the browser by clicking those same three dots, help, and "about google chrome". That will open another tab and automatically check to see if you need an update.
    You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore

Guess 454PB has the better and easier way to go. If still confused, try the following:

Here is what I would suggest under your circumstances, as it might make your life a little easier.

Take your chromebook to a repair facility or someone you know and trust their computer skills, and:

1) Ask them to make sure "auto update" is turned on, both operating system and ISP software.

2) Ask to have cookies "auto deleted" on closing.

3) Ask to have it checked for problems that could cause your book to be hanging up as it is.

4) Ask repairman to go to this site and see if problems duplicate, before and after aforementioned actions.

Computer cookies are files stored in your web browser's directories on your computer. They are generated by the web sites you visit, and contain information about your visit to that web site, which could contain a "shopping list" if you are going to buy something. The cookie files are generated by the website you visit, and sent to your computer. Short answer, but you get the idea hopefully. It is a good idea to delete them after you are finished browsing, but that is JMHO.

Good luck, and hope this helps.