Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Load Data
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingInline FabricationRepackbox
Snyders Jerky Wideners

Thread: cylinder throats ream and other work

Boolit Buddy

Smile cylinder throats ream and other work

I just had Doug_guy a castbollit vendor do some work on some 4 different cylinders, 1 titanium 1harden stainless 1 stainless 1 steel 3 S&W and and 1 ruger. A lot of people doing this work dont like to do the harden cylinders. His turn around time was amazing and the quality of his work is the very best. Pin gagues verified opened to the spec I wanted. Great guy to work with and fun for this old mountain William to talk with I recomened him to all revlover shooters.

Kirb

yeah, I have only heard good things, and his prices are geared towards us poor folks... if you know what I mean! lol, when I can I am going to send my SBH bisley hunter 44 mag cylinder to him to have them made to be even.
    An armed man in a citizen.
    An unarmed man is a subject.
    A disarmed man is a slave.

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Doug's work on my Webley MkVI speaks volumes:

Attachment 214288Attachment 214289Attachment 214290
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Bub
    That Webley has lived a hard life. Looks like it has been given a new lease? How did it shoot before the throats were cleaned up?

TB

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Two Barrels View Post
    That Webley has lived a hard life. Looks like it has been given a new lease? How did it shoot before the throats were cleaned up? TB
    Honing and uniforming cylinder throats so that they were all the same, and ordering a new mold from Accurate which fit the new throats cut group size approximately in half.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

good to know, I was thinking about having my GP100 done, as the throats are a little tight for shooting lead. I have no idea what they exactly are, but if you shove a .358 lead through the throats, it shaves/swages them a bit. but a jacketed slides through with just a little friction.
    Last edited by anothernewb; 02-15-2018 at 05:06 PM.

Boolit Master

You can trust DougGuy to do a fine job. Nearly everyone who advertises this service uses reamers, as does Doug, but Doug finishes with a Sunnen honing machine. I'm going to send him several Charter big bore cylinders to smooth and even the throats.

Boolit Grand Master
    He did my S&W 69 Cylinder for me and the work was absolutely first rate. I heartily recommend him for this sort of work.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Master

I've called ahead & stopped by his place while in the area, and he's done some work for me while I waited. Very accommodating and very fussy about getting it right. Heartily recommend douguy as well.

Doug did my last 45 Colt Blackhawk, I have had 4 or 5 done before by 3 others,, he will be the only one to do my cylinders from here on out. You will never find another that will do a better job than Doug,, perfection is,,, well it's perfect, and no gunsmith breathing can do any better than that! I actually don't think they will meet his finished job, he showed me their is more to proper throating than just a straight through reamer job! and most don't have the needed machinery to finish the job that Doug does! This what I have grown to expect from my PB lead loads after Doug gets done, at over 1200 fps with zero lead fouling.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180118_162944_1.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	42.1 KB 
ID:	214341
    Last edited by wildcatter; 02-16-2018 at 11:45 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    I had Doug do the cylinders on my GP100 (and a throat a bunch of 9mm barrels, too) and I'm extremely happy with the results. Couldn't get my .358 sized boolits to fit in the cylinder before, now they just slide in, no fuss. Hope he gets another 9mm reamer soon so I can send in a few more barrels

Doug has done two revolver cylinders and throated a Sig 1911 barrel for me. Fantastic guy to do business with.
    Highly recommended!