Titan ReloadingLoad DataRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
WidenersRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky

Thread: Hmpffffff. Whaddya Think Of This, Boys?

Guy La Pourque

Hmpffffff. Whaddya Think Of This, Boys?

I am a huge fan of Private McKenzie in Her Majesty's Royal YouTube Light Rifle Regiment! If there's a guy that has more fun shooting old rifles I have yet to meet him.

I know the BPCR guys use cross sticks - but Private McKenzie has an interesting take on the rifle rest for field shooting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YNadIao3OA

Fast forward it to about 6:43 - and see his portable rifle rest. What do you old hands and BPCR snipers make of that? It looks like it would be a fun winter project to keep the old hands busy while the snow and wind howls outside...

Too short for most of my uses, so I prefer cross sticks most of the time. If I'm at the range doing load work up, I take my Caldwell to dial in accurate benchrest loads.

Boolit Grand Master

i Interesting and usefull. Like MM above I prefer my sticks and bench sticks if on the bench. Fr ork ups off the bench a heavy front rest may be used also.

In the book on Chesty Puller it tells of him having troops cut a block and lacing it to the stacking swivel at a height that allowed each solider to shoot parallel to the ground when prone.