WidenersTitan ReloadingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingRepackboxLee Precision
RotoMetals2

Thread: Belding & Mull Model 26 bullet seating and crimping die.....

Boolit Master

Belding & Mull Model 26 bullet seating and crimping die.....

This is a long shot, but I thought I would ask. I have had a few Belding & Mull Model 26 bullet seating and crimping dies through the years. It is shown in the B&M catalog in Castpics. It looks somewhat like the old Lee Loaders.

I have had one for the 45ACP for just about forever, primarily because it is missing one of the three pieces. The missing piece is called the base (it looks like a really thick washer). Here is what the catalog says about it: "The base is recessed on one side. This side is used when seating the bullet. The unrecessed side is used when crimping."

Of course, buying the piece would be nice, but if anyone has one they can measure, I have the tools that I could try to use to make it. I would need a sketch with inside & outside dimensions, depth of recess, and overall depth. From memory, I seem to remember that there was a center hole that went all the way through. If so, that diameter, too.

If anyone has anything, please let me know.

Boolit Master

I have some of that stuff. Are you talking about the "in-line" seater?

Boolit Master

See page 14, what part are you needing?
    OR is the washer you are needing on page 17?

http://www.castpics.net/subsite/Manuals/B&M1949.pdf

On the other hand are you talking about the seperate in-line seating die that goes
    with the press?? Page 17 above

Mike
    Last edited by skeettx; 02-12-2018 at 08:17 PM.
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Boolit Master
    It is on pages 16 and 17 in the 1949 B&M Handbook. It is the part that is on the bottom of both photos on page 17.

Boolit Master
    BTTT to try again

Boolit Master
    Harry,
    I have the B&M model 26 for the 45-70, and it's complete. Is there anything that I can help with??

Don

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

Boolit Master
    Harry,

This is the only base I have, but it seems to fit all the dies, so hopefully the thing was "generic" and relied on the die body to align the case properly.

Hope the drawing shows you something besides why I got a C- in Mechanical Drawing in Jr. High.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Belding&Mull Base.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	17.3 KB 
ID:	214320

The knurling pattern is the same as that on the die body and the plunger top. HTH.

Boolit Master
    Thanks very much for the information. I will give it a try and see if it works.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bent Ramrod View Post
    Harry,

This is the only base I have, but it seems to fit all the dies, so hopefully the thing was "generic" and relied on the die body to align the case properly.

Hope the drawing shows you something besides why I got a C- in Mechanical Drawing in Jr. High.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Belding&Mull Base.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	17.3 KB 
ID:	214320

The knurling pattern is the same as that on the die body and the plunger top. HTH.
    On the base I have, some of the measurements are a little bit different. But not much -

Top left: 1.260 outside diameter, .835 inside ring, .250 hole in the center
    Right picture: .539 height, .170 depth of top inset, .110 depth of first bottom inset, .210 depth of second bottom inset
    bottom left: .820 diameter first inset ring, .610 diameter second inset ring, .250 hole in center

The second inset ring of what is labeled as the bottom, is where the case sits. And for my tool, if it was only .601, the 45-70 case would not fit. (the base of the 45-70 is .608)

Not meaning to shadow anything that Bent Ramrod posted, just adding data for your project!

Don

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown