WidenersRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionInline FabricationLoad Data
Repackbox Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seeking prayer and guidence

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar

Seeking prayer and guidence

I am requesting prayer . I am seeking guidance from our Lord . I have physically deteriorated much in the last year , I have multiple health problems that limit me . I can no longer do heavy labor , I'll be 66 years old shortly so have had a good run . My Lord has blessed me and saved me many times in my life . My life has revolved around GOD , family and work in that order .

I have to make hard changes , can no longer do physical labor that I love . I have prayed and asked GOD to guide me for a good while as to what to do in my life . This has laid heavy on my mind . I have been in the same business for 32 years , I am serving grandchildren of repeat customers that have stuck with me from when I started . GOD is good .

GOD has opened a way . Three days ago out of the blue I got a phone call from a business in Dallas that speculates on commercial property . Yesterday I met and talked to a representative that drove from Dallas . I was offered twice what I thought the business would bring just for the property . They do not want to buy it as a working business , they care nothing about the inventory , equipment , fixtures , ect .

A big part of me not wanting to sell was my son , he has worked for me most of his life . By selling the property and keeping all the working contents I could put him in his own business with my help to get him started . Plus he could keep the other three men working for me so they would not lose their jobs . I could not have hoped for a better solution .

GOD has provided a way . Please pray I make the right decisions . It is life changing for me and others . Thank you .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Super Moderator Emeritus
    Lord your wisdom is greatly needed for Boaz to surrender completely to your will. Lord I understand his decision as I had to go through that in my life. Help him know if this is from you.
    Hard as it is we all have to turn the page to the next page in the chapters of life. Only by allowing your Holy Spirit control will we make the right choices because we get in our way. So Lord teach us, guide us, and slap us if needed,
    In Jesus name we pray
    Amen

It seems that God is already well aware of your situation, and is continuing to bless you. I will pray for you. One thing, just because you can no longer do heavy manual labor doesn't mean you should just quit everything. You'll live longer and be happier if you continue to be occupied in something requiring less physical effort. Look around...God will show you what is next. Best wishes.

Boolit Master

Prayers sent
    "In God we trust, in all others, check the manual!"

Boaz, you are fortunate to have a Son who is able to carry on with the Business, at 83 I also am very limited as to what I can do, but with G-D's guidance it does get done, my prayers are with you, Fivefang

Boolit Master

prayers are easy to give, guidance not so much. have you asked your son what he wants? why are they offering so much? do you want to not have a job to go to? sorry for the questions but sometimes a question makes you think.

Boolit Master
    Good job Charlie
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Boolit Master

We are praying for this situation Charlie.

Time to retire Boaz! Best of luck working out the details.

Boolit Grand Master
    When God spoke to King Solomon in a dream, God told him he would give the young King whatever he wanted. Solomon asked for wisdom and a discerning heart. You have those qualities.

You are a good man Charlie and God has given you a way to retire, help your son, and maintain the jobs of your employees. Bless you sir.
    Don Verna

Quote Originally Posted by Preacher Jim View Post
    Lord your wisdom is greatly needed for Boaz to surrender completely to your will. Lord I understand his decision as I had to go through that in my life. Help him know if this is from you.
    Hard as it is we all have to turn the page to the next page in the chapters of life. Only by allowing your Holy Spirit control will we make the right choices because we get in our way. So Lord teach us, guide us, and slap us if needed,
    In Jesus name we pray
    Amen
    Thank you Jim and your right . I have been asking GOD to help me and provide a way for a long while . I'm not so stupid I couldn't see it coming . A way has been given , My prayers have been answered seemingly unbelievable to solve all the problems I asked for . I'm trying to be positive and see the doors it could open . I'll still have a place to go and a reason to get up at 4 in the morning .

Quote Originally Posted by Der Gebirgsjager View Post
    It seems that God is already well aware of your situation, and is continuing to bless you. I will pray for you. One thing, just because you can no longer do heavy manual labor doesn't mean you should just quit everything. You'll live longer and be happier if you continue to be occupied in something requiring less physical effort. Look around...God will show you what is next. Best wishes.
    I have work to do long put off by working 6 days a week and looking forward to it .

Quote Originally Posted by rancher1913 View Post
    prayers are easy to give, guidance not so much. have you asked your son what he wants? why are they offering so much? do you want to not have a job to go to? sorry for the questions but sometimes a question makes you think.
    I'm going into this with both eyes open . My son was in shock when I told him I would help him start a business but said he would not do it without my help . I bought the property 22 years ago , since then it has built up and is on an interstate highway , value has gone up . I'll not sign anything before a lawyer looks at it and use a title company for transfer . As a friend you should ask those questions , thank you !

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    When God spoke to King Solomon in a dream, God told him he would give the young King whatever he wanted. Solomon asked for wisdom and a discerning heart. You have those qualities.

You are a good man Charlie and God has given you a way to retire, help your son, and maintain the jobs of your employees. Bless you sir.
    Thank you Don . You are right ...GOD has given what I asked for entirely and I am awed by his blessing me so much . It just happened , came out of thin air , I claim no credit what so ever . It solved many problems I had worried about .

Super Moderator Emeritus
    Well when you get free you can come up and visit more than 4 hours. I look forward to seeing you agsin many times.

Jim I have thought back on those 4 hours many times . I enjoyed the fellowship and service , I'm sure I'll be back . Thank you !

Father God. Be with our brother Boaz and help him to see what you have for him. Give him comfort as he seeks your will. Make the way clear to him and guild him. Help him to hear that still, small voice in his ear. I lift him up as he continues to seek the path were you lead him. Be with him and keep his feet secure as he walks this path. In the name of your Son and our Savior, Jesus Christ. I pray. Amen

Boolit Master

Boaz,
    We have made many hard decisions in our lifetime. Lay this at GOD'S feet and he will take care of things. I'll be praying for you and your family.
    May GOD bless you and yours
    Houndog

Boolit Grand Master

Charlie, God is leading you into your next role in life. Your son needs you to teach him how to handle the business end, I would guess. Doing the work and managing the business are very different things. If I'm right remember that your role is to teach more than to do - teaching is to ensure learning, not to get the task accomplished.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Banned

Praying for you, for wisdom and that the business prospers for your son and the employees.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast