Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Load DataRepackboxInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Lee Precision Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ballisticast Lube-sizer problems

Boolit Master

Ballisticast Lube-sizer problems

I bought this on the Cast Boolit group buy a few years ago and initially liked it. But things went downhill quickly. First thing was the pivot bolt in the rear which ended up being screwed in only about one thread, fixed that. I ended up sizing about 2000 bullets and then the lube injection would only work intermittently. Pulled the die out and worked the handle, no lube came out. I could understand it if the die itself was plugged but it wasn't. Kept working the handle thinking maybe air pocket in the lube. Lube finally started to show up. Put the die in and sized maybe 3 bullets then no lube again. repeated this whole process several times but gave up. Called the company and they said send it in. Life happens and did not get around to it. Ballisticast gets sold to NV but have heard not much good about them so the sizer is off the bench and under the table. When it worked it was great for the little time it was. Anyone else have problems or did I get the usual lemon out of the basket?

Boolit Buddy
    I'll start with saying that I have no experience with the sizer you mention.

What I have experience with is a NVM Mark-X caster and a Magma Bullet Master and a Magma Lube Master. I've hade my share of trouble with my Mark-X, mostly electronic problems. I've always gotten help from NVM and their customer support, so no complaints there, but their Mark-X is not comparable with Magmas equipment when it comes to durability. Have you tried to contact them? They usually answer fast on customer support! Northern Valley Machine, that is. Www.nvballistics.com

I know this is not quite what you're asking but, my experience with my equipment, makes me sure of one thing! Magma is my go to company when it comes to casting equipment! They have time proven machinery that's just keeping on running, and if a part breakes, I just shoot an email to Elisabeth at Magma, and always get an answer with a sollution to the problem the same day, or the day after. After 3-5 days I have the part on my doorstep at the other side of the globe. What more is there to ask for?

Sent fra min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I had a Ballisticast Luber - sizer in the 1990's that was all air operated, I think it was called air logic or some thing like that. By fat the worst experience I ever had with a piece of machinery. I don't know if this the same machine you have.

I also had 2 Magma Lube Masters and 3 Magma Bullet Masters which were all great machines.

Boolit Master
    I've got two of them. They need heat depending on what lube your running. Temperamental creatures they are but once figured out they'll run quite well.

Boolit Master
    ioon, thanks for the reply. Mine was bought just a few years ago(4-5?) in a group buy here so it may not be the same. My Star just keeps crankin' whenever needed. Frank, I did everything I could think of but for naught. The pond behind my parents house looks like a good resting place for it.

Boolit Man
    I'll second what Frank said. They need some heat. We sized about 4k in one session with ours. It took a bit to get going and I think it was a flow and air bubble problem.

Boolit Master
    I've got an older version of the sizer that I think you're talking about, and while I've had a few minor problems, nothing like the issue you're talking about.

I would try a softer lube or more heat before turning it into an artificial reef in the pond out back...
    Nozombies.com Practical Zombie Survival

Collecting .32 molds. Please let me know if you have one you don't need, cause I might "need" it!

Banned
    My Ballisti-cast sizer a MKVI if memory is correct worked perfectly. The only thing I had against it was having to turn the wheel to feed the sizing die. I do believe that Ballisti-cast products need a bit more tweeking than Magma does so this may possibly cause problems for those not as mechanically inclined in my opinion. My MKIV caster did have a heat problem associated with the PID control box which I documented and passed on to Mike at Ballisti-cast and this problem was addressed in the MK X machine with a better control box. I fixed the problem with my MK IV by adding a panel and a small fan to exhaust the heat from the control box.

Too many times we seem to blame the manufacturer of a product when the problem is actually a simple one which is part of the normal machine setup.

Boolit Mold
    Don, if you decide that it is too much hassle to get your MKVI running right, let me know if you might consider selling it. I don't know if I can fit it in the budget right now, but I should be able to in a week or two. Thanks.

Boolit Master
    Thanks renegade99. I may bolt it back on the bench and have another go but if I do decide to sell you get first chance.

Boolit Man
    I'd like to get in line on this if you decide to sell. I've been wanting one ever since I saw finishman2000 video on his.

Boolit Master
    renegade, did you receive the e-mail I sent? I put it back on the bench and worked with it some more and it now seems to be working O.K.. Ken 45LC, if renegade decides not to (which is O.K. no hard feelings at all) take it then $250.00 plus shipping which includes 3 bullet feed wheels.

Boolit Master
    renegade99 and Ken45LC, have either one of you gotten my e-mails and personal messages?

Boolit Man
    Don, I just checked and I didn't receive any message.

Boolit Master
    Hmm. I will try again.

Boolit Master
    Ken, just sent an e-mail to you.

Boolit Man
    Don, I didn't get it. I sent you a pm.

Boolit Master
    Yep, I got yours. Maybe you have a filter on yours? Like I know what I'm talking about with computers. If you want it it's yours, need space on my bench. Let me know and I'll get it packed up and get shipping amount. Also will be several sticks of lube also.

Boolit Man
    Sounds good. Just pm me with the total and your address and I'll get you a USPS money order out to you (unless you prefer different payment).

Thanks,
    Ken

Boolit Master
    For some reason my e-mails and P.M.'s are not making it. I can receive both from people no problem but I'm stonewalled on sending. It may be on my end as I'm 63 and just happy to get the darned computer turned on! If you would could you just send me your phone number and I'll call. O.K.?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast