Reloading EverythingInline FabricationWidenersTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRotoMetals2Repackbox
Lee Precision

Thread: dual drum vs dry media

Banned

dual drum vs dry media

me, being the cheapskate that i am, have been using a lyman 1200 tumbler for 25+(could be 30) years. it still works but i'm getting a little bit tired of buying media. i have been looking at wet tumbling, but i don't want to pay $130 or more. (cheapskate i am) i have been looking at a chicago dual drum at harbor freight and all the things that go with it(ss pellets, dish soap, lemi shine). i should be ok if i go with the dual drum(i've been thinking of a single drum, 4" (approx 9" sewer pipe, 4" cap and 4" sewer plug).

but i'm wondering if wet tumbling does a better job than dry tumbling((nu finish, dry sheets)?

Boolit Buddy
    I SS pin tumble in the very unit you speak of and also have the pvc pipe set up. It works great. I use the drum (s) for small runs of brass and the pvc pipe for large runs. If the brass isn't terribly grungy the turn around is about an hour . Give or take. Lemi - shine and Dawn in proper proportions makes it all fall into place.i can't speak as to which is better , but each type tumbler has its high points. One advantage to wet SS pins is no dust to deal with and relatively quiet operation.
    Side note: Be sure to rinse the brass well once complete. If not it leaves behind residue that will turn white, then green. Dont Ask me how I know. Lol - CASTER
    Last edited by CASTER OF LEAD; 02-10-2018 at 05:42 PM.
    In regards to shooting safety.Until you are ready to fire, keep your booger hook off the bang switch.

Banned
    oh yes, i can't stand the dust!!!