Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Load DataRepackbox
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionWidenersInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where are you at? Pt.2

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rizzo View Post
    So, where are you at on the issue of Jesus stating that John the Baptist was Elijah?
    Do you see at least a "wild" suggestion of reincarnation there?
    Directly from the Bible we see that John came in the spirit of Elijah. John was not literally Elijah and no Jew hearing Jesus say "he (John) himself is Elijah" would have thought Jesus was suggesting Elijah had been reincarnated. Reincarnation is just not an idea in the Bible and neither is Karma in the strictest sense of the word.

"Do not be afraid, Zacharias, for your petition has been heard, and your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you will give him the name John. 14"And you will have joy and gladness, and many will rejoice at his birth. 15"For he will be great in the sight of the Lord, and he will drink no wine or liquor; and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit, while yet in his mother’s womb. 16"And he will turn back many of the sons of Israel to the Lord their God. 17"And it is he who will go as a forerunner before Him in the spirit and power of Elijah, to turn the hearts of the fathers back to the children, and the disobedient to the attitude of the righteous; so as to make ready a people prepared for the Lord," (Luke 1:13-17).

Are you a Seinfeld fan? In the episode "The Fire" Kramer tells a story about driving a city bus while fighting criminals and making all the required stops.

George exclaims, "You're Batman!"
    Kramer agrees, "Yeah, I am Batman."

Neither character thought that Kramer was actually the superhero Batman. He was doing things that Batman would have done. Often language uses colloquialisms and therefore cannot always be taken literally.
    Last edited by Ickisrulz; 02-14-2018 at 03:04 PM.

Boolit Master

Sorry, don’t mean to offend. I’ve just never had a theological discussion with a, uh, whatever religion you are. Not sure, and again no offense intended, but it’s not any form of Christianity I’ve ever heard of. Believe what you want but I can see that further participation on my part is pointless.

[QUOTE=Rizzo;4290381]
    Quote Originally Posted by LAH View Post
    You are correct. I suggested a new thread:

I re-read your post in The Chapel and it was a reply to StolzerandSons, not me.
    That's how I took it anyway.
    Anyway, I see that you are a different user now.
    Thanks for the reply.
    Again you are correct. It was I who missed the user name & somehow mistook it for you.

a suggestion that reincarnation is real.
    I happen to believe it is BTW.
    As disturbing as it is, the child molester example of Karma is spot on with that belief system.
    To repeat. You reap what you sow.

I sincerely asked you about the Jesus/Elijah/John the Baptist issue and you ignored it.
    Fine.
    Edgar Cayce didn't exactly believe that is true. Even his grandson doesn't agree with him.

Egyptians believed in 'reincarnation' before the Hindu.
    The REAL question I have to ask, as you evidently believe in the 'caste' system, are you getting up or down graded?

The second question, is it 'fun' to die? What happens, as you have evidently been through it several (?) times. Enlighten us please.
    I ask this in all seriousness, as these are questions YOU should ask yourself about your beliefs. Logical. I get a chuckle from Isimov's (original Star Wars concept) comments, as a humanist who eventually stated he actually was an athiest. As an intelligent biochemist, he didn't believe an ordered unverse could be 'created' by a 'God'. Also his 3 rules of robotics are ****.
    The most important reason for Asimov’s Laws not being applied yet is how robots are being used in our real world. You don’t arm a Reaper drone with a Hellfire missile or put a machine gun on a MAARS (Modular Advanced Armed Robotic System) not to cause humans to come to harm. That is the very point!
    Whatever!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by popper View Post
    The REAL question I have to ask, as you evidently believe in the 'caste' system, are you getting up or down graded?

The second question, is it 'fun' to die? What happens, as you have evidently been through it several (?) times. Enlighten us please.
    I ask this in all seriousness, as these are questions YOU should ask yourself about your beliefs. Logical.
    I "evidently" believe in the caste system? How did you come to that conclusion from what I've written?

Fun to die? ....and I have been through it several times?
    Where are you getting this stuff?

Up or downgraded?
    I assume you mean what our status is when we reincarnate.
    Karma dictates what situation we are born into.
    Generally speaking we are reincarnated into an environment that will give us an opportunity to work out what we were lacking when we died.
    "Be ye perfect".

Generally speaking we are reincarnated into an environment that will give us an opportunity to work out what we were lacking when we died
    Problem is - you appear to NOT know your past life and it's problems! - Unless you are Shirley M.
    Basically a hypothesis, like Christianity - neither are 'theory' (tested hypothesis with documented results). Unfortunately, reincarnation is 'working' to get better before Nirvana, whereas Christianity is definitely NOT by works or deeds as is clearly stated in Scripture. Therefore, Christians cannot logically believe in reincarnation. Unless you incorrectly use the term to mean 'life-after-death'. Egyptians believed in the reincarnate body that needed their 'stuff' for the afterlife. Hindu (caste system of placing value on life per reincarnation ON EARTH. Karma IS the system of reward/punishment or as you state, cause and result. JudeoChristian belief is heaven or hell which are a one time deal. No do-overs. I am trying to point out to you that your belief is not logical even as a hypothesis - as you have no memory of previous life.
    Whatever!

Boolit Buddy
    Problem is - you appear to NOT know your past life and it's problems! - Unless you are Shirley M.
    Basically a hypothesis, like Christianity - neither are 'theory' (tested hypothesis with documented results). Unfortunately, reincarnation is 'working' to get better before Nirvana, whereas Christianity is definitely NOT by works or deeds as is clearly stated in Scripture. Therefore, Christians cannot logically believe in reincarnation. Unless you incorrectly use the term to mean 'life-after-death'. Egyptians believed in the reincarnate body that needed their 'stuff' for the afterlife. Hindu (caste system of placing value on life per reincarnation ON EARTH. Karma IS the system of reward/punishment or as you state, cause and result. JudeoChristian belief is heaven or hell which are a one time deal. No do-overs. I am trying to point out to you that your belief is not logical even as a hypothesis - as you have no memory of previous life.
    LOL
    Your logic is flawed.
    Let me help you a little.
    Generally speaking you do not remember your past lives.
    There is reason for that.
    Although there are many cases of documented childhood past life remembrances.
    They are pretty interesting to read.

There, you have some topics to research to hone your logical deductions.

Your logic is flawed. Uh, no.
    Generally speaking you do not remember your past lives. who generally decides that?
    There is reason for that. Why?
    Although there are many cases of documented childhood past life remembrances. Really?
    Your logic is flawed.
    1) Logically, if you had a past life you would gain knowledge from it.
    2) If you did not gain knowledge from it
    a) you are on the merry-go-round, reaching for a brass ring you can only find by "luck'.
    b) you are stuck in the movie Groundhog Day. No real purpose or exit.
    3) if you gain knowledge from it, your 'position' in life changed, which is the "original' Hindu Caste system. That is why many are sending $ to the girl's protection camps - to get (low Caste) school girls out of forced prostitution.
    The Bible (Holy Scripture) is exactly logical, from beginning to end. Yes, some passages leave room for guesses/questions.
    As you like to use the word 'Karma' - there are consequences to our beliefs.
    Whatever!

Boolit Buddy
    Your logic is flawed. Uh, no.
    Generally speaking you do not remember your past lives. who generally decides that?
    There is reason for that. Why?
    Although there are many cases of documented childhood past life remembrances. Really?
    Your logic is flawed.
    1) Logically, if you had a past life you would gain knowledge from it.
    2) If you did not gain knowledge from it
    a) you are on the merry-go-round, reaching for a brass ring you can only find by "luck'.
    b) you are stuck in the movie Groundhog Day. No real purpose or exit.
    3) if you gain knowledge from it, your 'position' in life changed, which is the "original' Hindu Caste system. That is why many are sending $ to the girl's protection camps - to get (low Caste) school girls out of forced prostitution.
    The Bible (Holy Scripture) is exactly logical, from beginning to end. Yes, some passages leave room for guesses/questions.
    As you like to use the word 'Karma' - there are consequences to our beliefs.
    You're logic is flawed, my logic is flawed and back and forth we go.
    I say your logic is flawed because you insist that one should remember past lives if reincarnation is real.
    Is this something you read somewhere or just your logical deduction?

One of God's grand illusions is the screening of one incarnation from another.
    Without this partitioning, no actor on the stage of life would be able to cope with his kaleidoscopic identity and its relationships with others, and with his place in the karmic cause and effect events whirling around him...a dizzying conflict of countless incarnations with their interpersonal relationships branching off into their own limitless previous existences and experiences. By wiping clean the memory slate of each new lifetime, there is freshness and a degree of progressive order maintained in the cosmic drama.

Did John the Baptist remember his previous incarnation as Elijah?...No he did not.
    Yet, Jesus said he was Elijah.

"For all the prophets and the law have prophesied until John. And if you are willing to receive it, he is Elijah who was to come." (Matthew 11:13-14)

Who do you believe...John or Jesus?

Do an internet search and you will find other reasons why we do not remember.
    While you are at it check out "childhood memories of past lives" which I think you will find interesting.

Here is an interesting video about a couple of case of childhood past life remembrances:

What's your input on all of the documented cases of past life remembrances?
    It does make one go..."hmmmm,..." doesn't it?

Nope.
    Your reply is a collection of other peoples experiences. I subtly asked you about YOUR experiences, You replied with generalities therefore I presume you have none and PERSONALLY cannot vouch for re-incarnation.
    Issac Ismov was a very smart guy, Wrote 3 books about the Bible, historical documentation (I have not read them) but they are claimed to be pretty good. He Wrote a book about Ruth, claimed she was a fictional character as she only appears in Jewish writings. Uh, a farmer that goes to a 'foreign' land, all his family dies but Ruth, she goes home. Uh, nothing in 'foreign' land to write about, so no evidence. His unfortunate basis for declaring himself an atheist. Lost his logic' in his emotions.
    I am not trying to convert you to anything (way above my pay grade & authority), hopefully you will logically investigate your beliefs and the Trinity might convict you.
    You are person with different beliefs and although I disagree, respect your choice.
    Whatever!

Boolit Buddy
    Nope.
    Your reply is a collection of other peoples experiences. I subtly asked you about YOUR experiences, You replied with generalities therefore I presume you have none and PERSONALLY cannot vouch for re-incarnation.
    Issac Ismov was a very smart guy, Wrote 3 books about the Bible, historical documentation (I have not read them) but they are claimed to be pretty good. He Wrote a book about Ruth, claimed she was a fictional character as she only appears in Jewish writings. Uh, a farmer that goes to a 'foreign' land, all his family dies but Ruth, she goes home. Uh, nothing in 'foreign' land to write about, so no evidence. His unfortunate basis for declaring himself an atheist. Lost his logic' in his emotions.
    I am not trying to convert you to anything (way above my pay grade & authority), hopefully you will logically investigate your beliefs and the Trinity might convict you.
    You are person with different beliefs and although I disagree, respect your choice.
    No opinion on the documented cases of past life experiences? Just "Nope"?
    I guess you are one of those "Don't confuse me with facts!" people.

Of course I do not have any PERSONAL experiences regarding reincarnation. As mentioned, generally we don't remember our past incarnations, for reasons given. It is part of my belief system.
    Just like a belief that there is life after death. I assume you also believe that so what is YOUR PERSONAL experience of that? See what I mean?

"Logically investigate my beliefs" ?
    How can you say that when, regarding reincarnation, I have given you some examples of documented cases along with some Bible references on the matter. I will also say that I've read a few books on the matter.

"...and the Trinity might convict you."
    Convict me of what?

Yes, we appear to have some different beliefs but my feeling is that we both believe much of the same stuff overall, excluding reincarnation of course.
    It might surprise you to hear that Jesus is very much part of my life. I have read the Bible cover to cover. There are several passages that are hard to understand especially some of the stuff Jesus said. Even the apostles when hearing them said to themselves basically "What does he mean? What is he talking about?"
    There is a lot of belief based on faith, not PERSONAL experience.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12