Load DataTitan ReloadingInline FabricationRotoMetals2
WidenersRepackboxReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Homemade skin tag removal

Dental floss then use plumbers torch to cauterize and finally a dab of Neosporin and you are good to go. Steel nuts help a bit. Bandaids are for sissies.
    Looking for Ideal mold 419181 (44 Evans Long)
    "Joined Dates" are deceiving if you factor-in "lurk" dates.

Moderator Emeritus

I grab them and yank... little blood, dab on an antibiotic cream, good to go. It is just a little pain...

Boolit Master

Had one starting to get a bit long on one eyelid. While dental floss sounds, maybe not for that one. And no, I ain't tough enough to shoot it off.

What I did was rub, not too hard but not lightly for about 30 seconds every day I washed my face. That just wore it away.

Cat
    Cogito, ergo armatum sum.

(I think, therefore I'm armed.)

Boolit Buddy

I have used the tie and clip. Tied it with some button twist thread, wait a few hours, then snip off with sharp scissors. Minimal blood, minimal fuss. The wait of some time allows the tissue to die, that is the reason for the lack of pain, and minimal bleeding.
    OeldeWolf
    who may yet be kicked out of the Republik of Kalifornia for owning too many firearms.

I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain, to eat only vegetables!

Dermatologist. Worth it. Blows my mind how many actors, actresses and other people I see on TV/movies with disgusting things on their faces that a Dr. could remove in a minute. I'm just a po' boy, but I'll go to a doc in a heartbeat for stuff like that.

I use a fine pair of end cutters and apply pressure till the pain stops and the tag comes off and no blood.
    The Bird of Time has but a little way
    To fly-and Lo! the bird is on the wing

Quote Originally Posted by DCP View Post
    Anyone have a Homemade skin tag removal in their arsenal?
    In the summers, break off a milkweed leaf and put the white stuff that oozes out of the stem onto your tag. It may burn just a bit but it works.
    Keep it up for a few weeks and they go away. I got rid of a bunch of them that way.
    Mother nature can fix most everything!
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

in Remebrance
    The old folks used to use a hair from a horse's tail tied around the tag. Also good for warts if you can get it tied around the thing. GW
    "If you can walk with crowds and keep your virtue,
    Or walk with Kings, nor lose the common touch,
    Yours is the earth and everything that's in it,
    And, which is more, you'll be a man my son!" R. Kipling

"Brother to a Prince, and fellow to a pauper, if found worthy." Kipling

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    A sharp pair of scissors and the determination to use them get the job done quite well.
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Master
    I would have need stock in the floss company or my own stable for tail hair to tie them all off ,not to mention the help of someone very near to me ( some were in peculiar places couldn't see them but they were there) spend 2hrs in day surgery having them ALL removed by scalpel, freezing, cauterizing (flame thrower I think) and every other means. The conversation with the surgeon was if anyone training today would like a shot at this its your lucky day I'm pretty sure even the admitting clerk got to take some off. So surgery was the way for me

Boolit Master
    I second the tea tree oil suggestion.
    One application starts to dry them up, 2-3 applications and they are gone.
    Only problem is the very strong smell of the oil.
    I try to only use it at night before bed.
    Otherwise the stuff is amazing.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

Moderator Emeritus

If you have them where you need to use a mirror to see them it really works.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

I tried salt with enough water to make a salt paste. Worked great but not sure on time, maybe a few days

Boolit Master

Years ago I used the thread method for 3 or 4. I learnd it from an older lady the we were working for. Pull it out as far as you can and tie some fine thread around it in a couple days it just falls right off with no pain.
    Sometimes it takes a second box of boolits to clear my head.
    Feed back thread http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...?261449-jeepyj

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    UPDATE-UPDATE-UPDATE

Had 9 skin tags removed by the Doctor today!

The doctor used sharp pointed tweezers to hold them and scissors to cut them off. She said she didn't need numb them the shot would hurt the same as when she cut them off. Yes it hurt but not bad. She used a silver nitrate stick to carterize them. That hurt the worst!

She said its ok to tie them off with dental floss and let them die.

FYI, I did get rid of one with clear fingernail polish. It took at least 10 days
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master
    I have no idea why you go to a dermatologist.
    Anyone can clip them off. Needle sticks for novacaine are more painful than the removal.
    Next time you need stitches skip the novacaine. Those sharp circle needles hurt very little and a good ER doc can sew and tie a stitch in about 5 seconds.
    EDG

Nail clippers and a styptic pencil. Once bleeding stops..put some triple ointment on it and a bandaid...3-4 days you won't even remember it.

redhawk

The only stupid question...is the unasked one.
    Not all who wander....are lost.
    "Common Sense" is like a flower. It doesn't grow in everyone's garden.

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Quote Originally Posted by EDG View Post
    I have no idea why you go to a dermatologist.
    Anyone can clip them off. Needle sticks for novacaine are more painful than the removal.
    Next time you need stitches skip the novacaine. Those sharp circle needles hurt very little and a good ER doc can sew and tie a stitch in about 5 seconds.

LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

I held ice over it for a few minutes for some numbing effect. Used tweezer for some traction and a razor blade to cut stalk off. Needed pressure from some gauze for a bit to stop bleeding. Neosporin and band-aid.
    If you take a dog which is starving and feed him and make him prosperous, that dog will not bite you. This is the primary difference between a dog and a man.

Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    I grab them and yank... little blood, dab on an antibiotic cream, good to go. It is just a little pain...
    I've done it this way and used this spry also. Spray it on a Q tip and apply.
    https://www.amazon.com/Max-Pro-Profe...f+wart+remover
    Those who choose violence as a first option are typically confronted by somebody else using violence as a last resort.

Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you’ll enjoy it a second time.

Do not confuse my being polite for weakness.
    Using MX Linux 21

From the free state of Idaho

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast