Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyWidenersLee Precision
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Load DataTitan Reloading
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: The Tulsa Show

Boolit Grand Master

The Tulsa Show

Did any of you attend the Tulsa Show over the weekend? I made it, along with fellow Cast Boolit member Biggin, his Wife and another buddy. I only bought about 4 dozen cartridges that I added to my collection. Reloading components were priced pretty fair. Someone had a huge amount of surplus ammo cans for sale at decent prices. Guns and Ammo seemed to be somewhat pricey. The weather was pretty lousy but it looked to be a record crowd.

Boolit Grand Master
    Yep, had some business down that way, so I went. Getting too old for that, only made the upstairs on Saturday and I was sore. Hotel didn't have a hot tub, I sure could have used that. Found some parts for my S&W 28 that I needed and a few other things. Finished the lower side Sunday morning and left about Noon. My body had enough and I had seen all I wanted too. Did buy a jug of Trail boss for a friend of mine at a decent price. One fellow was selling powder 20% off. He had an 8lb jug of bullseye for $122

Boolit Buddy
    My wife and I attended as make this an annual spring event. Prices were all over the place, some deals if you looked and were willing to spend the time bargaining. The weather wasn't great Saturday although we stood in line a few minutes and it wasn't bad even on the north side. Crowd seemed down to us both days. I didn't "need" any reloading supplies but what little was there seemed high to me compared to what I see in my area. Powder was reasonable, within a few dollars of Powder Valley if you paid cash. Bullets were high, primers high overall and ammo was no great bargain.

I was looking for an N frame and found lots of 28's ranging from 600 to over 1,000. 27's from 800 to 2,000. The theme seemed to be older ammo, old ammo boxes, powder cans, etc. I picked up some of that stuff from guys wanting to clean their tables up.

Talked to some dealers, one from North Carolina who said this was the last time they would come to Tulsa after doing it for many years. Too many "rules" and there isn't market there like in the past.

I did find a couple revolvers I wanted but couldn't get the transfer arranged for an out of state transfer. We still enjoy the show. We are in our 60's and walking full tilt all day Saturday was a challenge!
    Last edited by Huskerguy; 04-13-2018 at 10:39 PM.