Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Load DataInline FabricationRepackboxWideners
Reloading Everything Snyders Jerky

Thread: Nra handgun targets...

Boolit Master

Question Nra handgun targets...

My wife is going to a handgun training session and they will shoot at NRA handgun targets at the end of the classroom training. I understand they are going to shoot 5, 7, & 15(?) yards...

She has been shooting a few rounds daily and is getting fair at the shorter distances. But, I have been just printing a red circle in the center of a legal sized piece of paper...

Is there some place where I can print the official targets?

I have Googled it but get to websites that sell them...

Thanks...BCB

Super Moderator

Try this search. https://www.google.com/search?q=free...JPJxacD47eU4M:I just checked a few of them and many are printable and free.

Boolit Buddy
    They may be using the red, white, blue targets at 10, 15, and 20 feet. These are just 4” circles, four to a page. They do not make the best sight alinement targets, if you use the perfered target shooting alinement. Or they could be using a traditional NRA pistol target.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterAZ View Post
    Try this search. https://www.google.com/search?q=free...JPJxacD47eU4M:I just checked a few of them and many are printable and free.

Yep, went to that site and there is a very good selection. The ones that aren't printable, I just copied the image and pasted it on a legal size piece of paper. Then by clicking on the target, you can make it a bit bigger. I made it fit the width of the paper...

I'm sure it isn't OFFICIAL, but it is at least a better target to shoot at than a hand-drawn 2" circle...

Thanks...BCB

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by LabGuy View Post
    They may be using the red, white, blue targets at 10, 15, and 20 feet. These are just 4” circles, four to a page. They do not make the best sight alinement targets, if you use the perfered target shooting alinement. Or they could be using a traditional NRA pistol target.
    Yea, 4 to a sheet might not be too good. Trying to keep them on the paper when the targets are not in the center of the sheet might get a bit discouraging! 90% of these ladies, and some of the guys, have really never done much "serious" or for that matter, casual shooting at paper...

And if they put targets out to 15(?) yards, that gets a bit tricky with those small concealable handguns--The wife will be using a Micro 9...

Oh well, the 2 hours of safety training and use of different types of handguns will be worth the training...

Thanks...BCB

Boolit Buddy
    The NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting minimum passing is to shoot 4 five shoot groups in a 4” circle at 10 feet. If the student passes, you can move back to 15 feet, if the student passes you can move back to 20 feet.

Boolit Master

AP-2.pdf
    here is a printable NRA AP-2 target that is used in the NRA Marksmanship program. Bullseye/center ring is 10 pts, next ring 8 pts, tombstone 5 points

Boolit Master

And here is a link to the NRA Basic Pistol phase 2 training with the official targets at the end of it

http://www.nrainstructors.org/Instru...son%20Plan.pdf