RepackboxLoad DataLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2WidenersTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything Inline Fabrication
Page 79 of 361 FirstFirst ... 29697071727374757677787980818283848586878889129179 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 7214

Thread: Making that Bullet Collator

Quote Originally Posted by Fil131 View Post
    Sweet, I'll give it a go.
    These bullets that are basically as wide as they are long, or close to it definitely add to the challenge. There is a setting in the generator that adds a certain clearance to whatever is put in the caliber param. The default it 1.2 mm. So the 9mm plate is technically 10.2 mm. So at 8.5mm caliber you will actually be at 9.7mm. My point being there is some room to play with. You could probably set the caliber all the way down to 8mm and you will still have .2mm of clearance on that 380 bullet. Of course then the slide plate might potentially need to move out a tiny bit to compensate. Please don't take my word as gospel on what will actually work the best, because unless it is printed and tested its any ones guess.

bullet_caliber=caliber+1.2; //caliber in (mm) + 1.0 to 1.5 mm

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerR View Post
    Which hole spacing are you looking for? The 4 holes used to screw the drop hole adapter to the body? If so they are equally spaced 34mm across from each other.
    thats it. thank you.

Does anyone have the OD and ID of each of the DAA springtubes and what bullet calibers they work without feeding issues for?

And a question for TylerR: Do you use springtubes below your pistol case collator you are developing, or rigid tube?

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by lablover View Post
    I’m using the hex plate and have deprimed over 1k pieces of brass and not a single issue yet. The stock settings Tyler provides in the openscad file fits my adapter perfect. Not loose at all, fits like a nice snug glove.
    You've never had your collator plate get hung up on the hex adaptor? I added a video to my previous post of the play in the opening.
    Just watched it. No way I have that much play. Is that just in the plate? I couldn’t tell if the brass hex is moving too. For brass I remove the flipper arm completely. I made 2 complete kits one for brass and one for bullets so I don’t have to mess around with them.
    Can you confirm for me that in your version of the generator it has 12.4 for the hex width?

hxw=12.4; // Hex Width

Also, aren't you guys using hex adapters from different sources on amazon? I seem to remember a few versions being posted. May be slight differences in the two.
    I think we are using different versions of the hex adapter.

I just confirmed, yes it says 12.4. However in the newest version in your last upload it shows 12.5. I printed my plate before that. Yes, I’ve saved every one of your uploads as different versions in case something was missed..yes,min have OCD! Lol
    I did change it to 12.5, based on the initial feedback. I am now changing it back to 12.4. LOL
    I made the 380Auto plate but haven't tested it running yet so I'll report my results tomorrow, but wanted to say that I took the hex down to 12.3 and it fits very nicely(not sure but I suspect 12.2 would need convincing or shaving), my other prints were 12.4 I verified them.

I'm not sure if that change is necessary for everyone but that's what I'll be using for mine from now on. I may if I print another plate try the 12.2 to see how it fits, maybe just print the base section to save filament with a few layers only to test it.

Quote Originally Posted by GWS View Post
    Does anyone have the OD and ID of each of the DAA springtubes and what bullet calibers they work without feeding issues for?

And a question for TylerR: Do you use springtubes below your pistol case collator you are developing, or rigid tube?
    I am measuring the 3 springs I have from DAA at 10.4mm, 13mm, and 13.5mm.

I use a spring to a drop tube, and then an adapter from the drop tube to the rigid tube Lee provides with the APP for both bullet sizing and case feeding.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1064.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	27.6 KB 
ID:	269571
    Last edited by TylerR; 10-17-2020 at 10:55 AM.

inside diameter or outside?

Quote Originally Posted by GWS View Post
    inside diameter or outside?
    Sorry that was ID. I missed the OD part. One second.....

OD (Roughly) 12.1mm, 15.1mm and 15.75mm

I made the 380Auto plate but haven't tested it running yet so I'll report my results tomorrow, but wanted to say that I took the hex down to 12.3 and it fits very nicely(not sure but I suspect 12.2 would need convincing or shaving), my other prints were 12.4 I verified them.

I'm not sure if that change is necessary for everyone but that's what I'll be using for mine from now on. I may if I print another plate try the 12.2 to see how it fits, maybe just print the base section to save filament with a few layers only to test it.
    Looking forward to your test results.

Boolit Man
    Very cool. We will assume that has not changed, and Fil131 will be able to confirm that eventually. I am going to start with 6mm width and run a test.
    My casefeeder finally came in. Mine is measuring around 5mm+/- but definitely not much over 5mm.

My casefeeder finally came in. Mine is measuring around 5mm+/- but definitely not much over 5mm.
    Nice. I wonder if anyone has printed that mount yet.

Boolit Man
    I'll start it now, report after I guess my press assembled. Off to the hardware store for me.

You still have the files? I couldn't find them on your Google drive.

I'll start it now, report after I guess my press assembled. Off to the hardware store for me.

You still have the files? I couldn't find them on your Google drive.
    I took them down temporarily because I am about to release v1.0.5. I will throw the two mount stls up for you in the meantime.

Boolit Man
    I took them down temporarily because I am about to release v1.0.5. I will throw the two mount stls up for you in the meantime.
    It's no big deal really. I can wait for the newer versions of everything.

I did and it works awesome.. for the life of me can’t figure why pics always go sideways. Sorry

Name:	DE5C1771-126D-4314-AEE9-D5488EBF6CEF.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	269586

I did and it works awesome.. for the life of me can’t figure why pics always go sideways. Sorry

Name:	DE5C1771-126D-4314-AEE9-D5488EBF6CEF.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	269586
    Oh sweet! I really like hearing that, since I just designed it without ever printing or testing it. So no issues with the 3/8" bolt or assembly or anything? And the angle adjustment works good?
    Last edited by TylerR; 10-17-2020 at 04:53 PM.

Well, version 1.0.5 has been officially posted. Main change is the addition of Base Up case feeding. The large has been tested and works with 45acp and 40SW. The small works with 9mm and 380acp. I don't know if anyone has a need to bulge bust 380 but who knows?

Some other additions include a few of my adapters for feeding to the APP press. New Dillon side mount mentioned above, new motor body recently requested and the wall extender are in there as well.
    All hex collator plates have been generated with 12.4mm hex hole. If you need something different you can generate it.

Any and all feedback is welcome, and happy printing.

Well, version 1.0.5 has been officially posted. Main change is the addition of Base Up case feeding. The large has been tested and works with 45acp and 40SW. The small works with 9mm and 380acp. I don't know if anyone has a need to bulge bust 380 but who knows?

Some other additions include a few of my adapters for feeding to the APP press. New Dillon side mount mentioned above, new motor body recently requested and the wall extender are in there as well.
    All hex collator plates have been generated with 12.4mm hex hole. If you need something different you can generate it.

Any and all feedback is welcome, and happy printing.
    Thank you sir

As far as your side mount. No issues at all! I wouldn't load up the bin with a ton of bullets but thats just me. Super strong as well. The adjustment is pretty straight forward. The way I used the 3/8" bolt I would have to remove the side feeder to adjust the angle but its pretty simple. I like it!

Could you snap a pic of your brass base up set up. I'm sure its pretty simple but images help. Thanks Boss Man

Thank you sir

As far as your side mount. No issues at all! I wouldn't load up the bin with a ton of bullets but thats just me. Super strong as well. The adjustment is pretty straight forward. The way I used the 3/8" bolt I would have to remove the side feeder to adjust the angle but its pretty simple. I like it!
    What I had in mind was to tension the bolt enough for it to be snug, but still adjustable. Maybe even using a large fender washer between the two parts. Is that not possible?

Could you snap a pic of your brass base up set up. I'm sure its pretty simple but images help. Thanks Boss Man
    I posted video a few pages back which shows everything in place and running, and then just posted a pic for GWS of the spring and tube setup.