Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionWidenersTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Repackbox
Page 51 of 361 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 7211

Thread: Making that Bullet Collator

Quote Originally Posted by HuskJ View Post
    All I used was a spring from a pen that I had around the house. It worked fine.
    I too commandeered the spring from a pen

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerR View Post
    cdstang found this motor which looks promising.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/10RPM-Metal....c101111.m2109

I went ahead and added a body that will fit that motor. Depending on how it is oriented it will interfere with the other mount holes by a few mm, so I made it possible to orient in 3 different directions.

It has been posted. I went ahead and changed the link to a folder so the link will remain active now.
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...vV?usp=sharing
    Tyler, did you get that motor yet? and if you did how did it work?

Quote Originally Posted by gnafin View Post
    Tyler, did you get that motor yet? and if you did how did it work?
    I have not purchased that motor so I can not speak to it. I believe cdstang was considering it.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerR View Post
    I have not purchased that motor so I can not speak to it. I believe cdstang was considering it.
    Well i did order it, when it comes in i will let ya all know how it is.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by razorfish View Post
    Basically when it came time for the transport pieces I couldn’t figure out what all the different STL files were so I just designed my own. (Note that I’ve used CAD for decades)

I bought an Extension Spring for the MBR. This came with not only the spring but also a coupler for joining to another spring. What your seeing there is a 3d printed piece that the coupler simply slides into. It fits tightly but is also secured by a 6mm set screw (5.2mm hole tapped at 6mm).

In this case I used OpenSCAD to design these parts. It’s very simple software if you know basic programming (and a bit of math). I’d be glad to share the OpenSCAD files but realize I only spent a few hours on my coding to whip out these parts. Again in my situation it was just faster for me to design from scratch rather than trying to analyze a bunch of STL files.
    Can I get your STL files?

Boolit Buddy
    Who has made their own output springs. I know the 1/2” OD stainless brake line protector is supposed to be a replacement for the large output spring, but what about the small? Will 3/8” work? Anybody got pics of their homemade output springs?

Quote Originally Posted by n10sivern View Post
    Who has made their own output springs. I know the 1/2” OD stainless brake line protector is supposed to be a replacement for the large output spring, but what about the small? Will 3/8” work? Anybody got pics of their homemade output springs?
    While I didn't make my own, I got a screen door hinge basically from Lowe's for 5 bucks. 18 inches long with a 9/16 od I think it was, which, stretched just a tad, fit perfect. It was only a 2lb spring.

Boolit Mold
    Glorious victory: https://youtu.be/UI1u2Rlxl6I

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by erwos View Post
    Congrats! I’m jealous. I’m still printing and waiting on parts to arrive.

Boolit Mold
    Congrats! I’m jealous. I’m still printing and waiting on parts to arrive.
    It was a pretty complex project, especially using the light barrier. I've done a quick post about how it went down for me:
    https://thehebrewhammer.net/2020/09/...tfeeder-build/

Boolit Buddy
    I've watched this video like 5 times and I can't tell what is making the bullets flip. Normally the nose down ones "fall" off the ledge and are maneuvered into the upright position.

Boolit Bub
    I got some of this stuff. But remember you need the id of the tube not the od like I did the first time. Other than that it works great, but don't pick the free shipping you will get it 3 months later. Pay a little bit on the shipping its worth it.
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3281...7c604c4dmmoJuq
    Last edited by Rage 01; 09-02-2020 at 11:30 PM.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by AR-Bossman View Post
    I've watched this video like 5 times and I can't tell what is making the bullets flip. Normally the nose down ones "fall" off the ledge and are maneuvered into the upright position.
    My theory is that the flipper arm is destabilizing them and causing them to fall over. I have since adjusted the ramp slightly so that the "line" was oriented a bit closer to the bullet nose. Oddly enough, it didn't work at all with the turning plate pushed all the way in. Physics is weird. I assume the tilt/attitude of the bullet feeder itself is probably also interacting with all of this.

Boolit Buddy
    The flipper arm is there to push out poorly oriented bullets (not fully in the slot) and get the bullets fully against the back of the slot.
    The turning plate works (along with gravity) by the upper flat supporting the base of a bullet but allowing the nose of a bullet to slide down to the lower surface and be pulled outward and horizontal.
    Once the bullet is horizontal the nose strikes the turning ramp forcing the bullet back to vertica but now correctly oriented.

The nose down plate works in a similar manner except it drops any nose down bullets with the first ramp and flips everything that gets past.

The included flipper plate has a straight ramp, i made my own with a spline curve that allows a few more degrees of rotation for the nose to fall before ramping outward. It also has a hole for a screw to positively set the position making setup changes easier.

Boolit Buddy
    Getting there
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	979C745F-3B20-4353-B9F1-AFB215F508D7.jpeg 
Views:	131 
Size:	111.6 KB 
ID:	267232

Boolit Bub
    How long does it normally take for the base to print, I am showing around 43 hours and 440 grams of pla, that sounds really long to me.
    printer settings from Creality Slicer for Ender5
    Layer Height .2mm
    shell thickness .8mm
    fill bottom/top 1.2mm
    fill density % 45
    Print Speed 75 mm/s
    Filament 1.75mm
    flow rate 100%
    nozzle size .4mm

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by dagamore View Post
    How long does it normally take for the base to print, I am showing around 43 hours and 440 grams of pla, that sounds really long to me.
    printer settings from Creality Slicer for Ender5
    Layer Height .2mm
    shell thickness .8mm
    fill bottom/top 1.2mm
    fill density % 45
    Print Speed 75 mm/s
    Filament 1.75mm
    flow rate 100%
    nozzle size .4mm
    Exchange walls for infill. 45% is crazy too much. 25% max. I think mine was down in the 20 range..maybe 18? Go with like 5 walls and 5 top and bottom and you will have a pretty tough unit.

Boolit Bub
    Thanks I knew I was doing something wrong.

Mine printed in just under 2 days. 6-8 layers and I think 10% infill.

I believe it was cnc kitchen on YouTube that showed that wall/"shell" thickness had more an effect on strength than infill.

Boolit Bub
    Anyone know where I can get the scad files? I need to make changes for my motor and accept a bolt for the shell plate

Page 51 of 361 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101151 ... LastLast