Snyders JerkyRepackboxLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
WidenersReloading EverythingLoad DataTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 39 of 360 FirstFirst ... 29303132333435363738394041424344454647484989139 ... LastLast

Thread: Making that Bullet Collator

Quote Originally Posted by jmorris View Post
    Still pretty impressive.

By my math there is 24 hours in a day x 60 minutes in an hour, = 1440 minutes a day x 60 = 86,400 seconds, in a day / by 30,000 units = 1 gear motor ready to go every 2.88 seconds.
    While at all times, keeping to strict Chinese quality control standards.

Thanks for the alternative hardware sources, gents. I'm sure a lot of us that were late to this "print your own boolit feeder" party really appreciate the info.

We decided on "buy once, cry once" for our 3D printer... getting a Prusa. Which means that we're on a long waiting list to get one. Like end of January. Hope the wait and extra money ends up being worth it in the end.

Those guys out there that are currently working on this project, would you mind taking a minute to update us on your progress? Even the little things help...
    "Things sure are a lot more like the way they are now than they used to be." --Yogi Berra

Post removed. All good things...
    Last edited by Phlier; 01-29-2020 at 01:18 PM.
    "Things sure are a lot more like the way they are now than they used to be." --Yogi Berra

Boolit Mold
    Just a little information...
    I found on thingiverse some parts to make the openbulletfeeder a reliable (I tested it) case feeder. The parts are mainly a funnel and rotating plates in different calibers (9mm, 223 ...).
    If wanted parts from the original files can be used : plates in .50 caliber bullet can be used as 44mag cases plate, 44/45 plate can be used as 357cases plate and so on.
    It is not a maybe solution to circumvent something or someone! It is for educational and informational purpose only.

Quote Originally Posted by marcolelectro View Post
    Just a little information...
    I found on thingiverse some parts to make the openbulletfeeder a reliable (I tested it) case feeder. The parts are mainly a funnel and rotating plates in different calibers (9mm, 223 ...).
    If wanted parts from the original files can be used : plates in .50 caliber bullet can be used as 44mag cases plate, 44/45 plate can be used as 357cases plate and so on.
    It is not a maybe solution to circumvent something or someone! It is for educational and informational purpose only.
    That's great! Could you post the thingiverse links here, please?

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 6bg6ga View Post
    I sincerely doubt that MBF is going to go after the common guy making a bullet feeder in his garage. The statements by MBF's general manager are pretty broad and hard to back up more of a scare tactic in my opinion. To be blunt here if I want to get/make a copy I will do so without any worry about MBF coming after me.
    Hatch is correct in a previous post. You cannot be sued for patent infringement unless you sell or barter what you make. No risk if for personal use.
    Don Verna

Post removed.

I'm no longer going to share the files, guys. I just can't take the legal risk, and the PM bit was too overwhelming. See the post below.
    Last edited by Phlier; 01-07-2020 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Removed download link

Boolit Master

Last edited by RedlegEd; 01-02-2020 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegEd View Post
    Very much appreciated, Ed. And Happy New Year to you too, my friend.

Boolit Buddy
    The more I look into it, the more complex patents get. Everyone thinks they can just find a loop hole and do what they want. This has been going on for a very very long time and there is very little you can do to get around someone's patent without serious legal counsel backing you up.

https://www.ip-watch.org/2017/07/19/...s-3d-printing/

Alternatively, patent owners could target the people facilitating the infringement. The Patent Act permits a patent holder to sue parties who induce others to infringe. For example, potential inducers of patent infringement could be the sellers of the 3D printers, someone providing CAD files of the patented product, or websites that sell or share the CAD files that instruct 3D printers to make the patented invention.

3D Printing in the Future of IP

As an industry still in its infancy, prosecuting cases of IP infringement in 3D printing is proving complex. However, digitalisation has impacted a number of other sectors. Lessons around digital file sharing – including CAD files – can be learnt from the piracy that overwhelmed the entertainment industry in the 1990s.

However, 3D printing issues stretch further than the illegal downloading of music or unofficial film and TV merchandise. With a 3D printer anyone can pirate design files and turn the files into tangible objects without owning the IP.

This may mean that in the future copyright could merge with patent rights – or at the very least overlap with it – as it has become much easier to transform between tangible and intangible forms of products and ideas. Before IP law is revised to reflect this change, it is important for innovators to seek copyright protection in addition to patent protection for a new product.

IP owners should also consider 3D printing techniques in future patent applications. If it is foreseeable to use 3D printing to manufacture a product, it would be beneficial to have patent claims that protect a 3D printing method for the product.

Quote Originally Posted by AR-Bossman View Post
    The more I look into it, the more complex patents get. Everyone thinks they can just find a loop hole and do what they want. This has been going on for a very very long time and there is very little you can do to get around someone's patent without serious legal counsel backing you up.

https://www.ip-watch.org/2017/07/19/...s-3d-printing/

Alternatively, patent owners could target the people facilitating the infringement. The Patent Act permits a patent holder to sue parties who induce others to infringe. For example, potential inducers of patent infringement could be the sellers of the 3D printers, someone providing CAD files of the patented product, or websites that sell or share the CAD files that instruct 3D printers to make the patented invention.

3D Printing in the Future of IP

As an industry still in its infancy, prosecuting cases of IP infringement in 3D printing is proving complex. However, digitalisation has impacted a number of other sectors. Lessons around digital file sharing – including CAD files – can be learnt from the piracy that overwhelmed the entertainment industry in the 1990s.

However, 3D printing issues stretch further than the illegal downloading of music or unofficial film and TV merchandise. With a 3D printer anyone can pirate design files and turn the files into tangible objects without owning the IP.

This may mean that in the future copyright could merge with patent rights – or at the very least overlap with it – as it has become much easier to transform between tangible and intangible forms of products and ideas. Before IP law is revised to reflect this change, it is important for innovators to seek copyright protection in addition to patent protection for a new product.

IP owners should also consider 3D printing techniques in future patent applications. If it is foreseeable to use 3D printing to manufacture a product, it would be beneficial to have patent claims that protect a 3D printing method for the product.
    Well, great. I guess that means I should remove my download link.

I'm truly sorry, gents, but I just don't want to risk the legal crap.

Download link is going to be removed, and I'm sorry, but I just can't keep responding to all of the PM's requesting the files... this faucet is officially getting shutoff. Please, no more PM's. Even the ones that start out with, "I know you said you weren't going to do this anymore, but could you please..."

Last edited by Phlier; 02-05-2020 at 03:01 PM.

Boolit Bub
    There are a few posts about refrigerator tubes as a replacement for the spring from the collator to the tube. Interested in any working solutions as I built a second feeder and don’t want to order another spring from DA.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by r4ndy View Post
    There are a few posts about refrigerator tubes as a replacement for the spring from the collator to the tube. Interested in any working solutions as I built a second feeder and don’t want to order another spring from DA.
    I haven't tested this, but this looks close enough.

The 20mm OD should yeild ~ 1/2" ID

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3286...4a3b2309BtKFWd

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Heavy-Duty-Big-Coil-Thin-Long-Flexible-Steel-Extension-Springs-3-5-mm-wire-diameter-x.jpg_50x50.jpg 
Views:	829 
Size:	2.3 KB 
ID:	254457

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ruebarb View Post
    I haven't tested this, but this looks close enough.

The 20mm OD should yeild ~ 1/2" ID

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3286...4a3b2309BtKFWd

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Heavy-Duty-Big-Coil-Thin-Long-Flexible-Steel-Extension-Springs-3-5-mm-wire-diameter-x.jpg_50x50.jpg 
Views:	829 
Size:	2.3 KB 
ID:	254457
    Hi,
    I just measured mine, and the wire diameter is 1.0mm, OD is 15mm, ID is 13mm, and length about 400mm (I'd probably go 500mm.) I think the one you referenced might be pretty stiff with a 3.5mm wire.
    Ed

Boolit Mold
    Thanks for Measuring.

Well if there was a group buy, this is pretty close

1.5mm wire

https://www.tevema.com/en/webshop/tr...-500-mm/trm033

Boolit Mold
    Here is another

1.6mm wire 16mm OD should yield 12.8mm ID x 500
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wire-Dia-1-...a46244ed03271c

Boolit Bub
    Thanks for the suggestions on the spring.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuccite View Post
    Buy The 10RPM.... and use the speed controller.... Unless you have automation I don't think you will be able to outrun it
    Thank you sir. I ended up getting the 30 RMP one. But I did notice that the stats on the BF one said that the torque was 1-100 kg-cm? The JGY 370 is only 7 kg-cm on load?
    Is that going to work or stall out?

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by r4ndy View Post
    I used the split wire loom tubing. Works great. I just has to redesign how it is being held at either end.
    https://www.cabletiesandmore.ca/blac...hoC4SoQAvD_BwE

Gents, just as a reminder...

I'm no longer supplying the OpenBulletFeeder files. Please don't PM me asking for them. Sorry, but you'll need to get them elsewhere.

Sorry for the additional post, but I'm still getting PM's asking for the files. Please... stop.

Boolit Mold
    Sooo....
    I realize no one wants to stick their neck out but is there a member here, of the legal profession that has an opinion?
    Technically the patent is on the ramp? If the body was remixed without the ramp would it satisfy the patent office as to its uniqueness?
    And technically everything but the ramp is in the public domain? so feeder adapters, collator plates, mounts, spring adapters could be printed, ( and more importantly; posted!)?
    And further while there is talk of rejigging patent and copyright laws to complement each other, to the best of my knowledge those changes have not been enacted yet?
    And since MBF has not written .STL files for their product (And indeed the ones in question are already published under a commons license so an effort to cover this avenue by MBF would be a copyright violation!) the dissemination of said files and the execution of these files in a not for profit fashion, is no more unlawful than a gunsmith fashioning an AR for his personal satisfaction?
    It seems like far less of an imposition on law than an 80% receiver....
    And finally has anyone considered setting up a Kickstarter specifically to defend AmmoMikes rights as an author?
    Last edited by Red_Fir_Smoke; 02-10-2020 at 02:32 AM.

Page 39 of 360 FirstFirst ... 29303132333435363738394041424344454647484989139 ... LastLast