Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionRepackboxInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyMCD Products

Thread: Making that Bullet Collator

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by GWS View Post
    Finished the feed and seat for .223 a least......

This is on a Lee 6000, but the concept feeding and seating rifle bullets in one station could be used on any caliber on any progressive probably....if you can find a Windowed Seater for RCBS's or Lees inline bullet feeders.

This is the station by station idea:

1. Size
    2. Expand neck with an "M" Die shelf
    3. Powder Charge
    4. Powder Cop
    5. Bullet Feed and Seat in One Station
    6. Taper Crimp
    I am trying to do a similar thing but for a Frankford Arsenal (FA) X10. Currently I am just using the normal 3D printed feeding die but the window approach would be great given how FA designed the stations for this press.

But my first challenge is to print out an "adapter" to attach/connect the 3D Printed Standard Bullet Collator to the X10 stand bar where the factory Case Collator is already attached/connected. Do you know if anyone already did this and has a stl file available? Thank you.
    Last edited by Hube&Spoke; 04-30-2023 at 12:43 PM.

I've never been within a 1000 miles of an X10....looks fun. I'm really sorry, but haven't seen anything out there for adapters. Too new I guess.

Boolit Mold
    I've never been within a 1000 miles of an X10....looks fun. I'm really sorry, but haven't seen anything out there for adapters. Too new I guess.
    Thank you for the quick reply. I think I will have to design it myself even though I have not done any CAD for decades.
    Last edited by Hube&Spoke; 04-30-2023 at 07:51 PM.

Boolit Mold
    Ok was not that difficult to do this part. I used OnShape which is a light CAD software to create the part and it is now printing. I made it a little too strong but better safe than sorry - would hate for it to break with the weight and create a mess.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FA_X-10_Connector_to_Mount_Square_Tube.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	72.2 KB 
ID:	313542
    Last edited by Hube&Spoke; 05-01-2023 at 12:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hube&Spoke View Post
    Ok was not that difficult to do this part. I used OnShape which is a light CAD software to create the part and it is now printing. I made it a little too strong but better safe than sorry - would hate for it to break with the weight and create a mess.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FA_X-10_Connector_to_Mount_Square_Tube.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	72.2 KB 
ID:	313542
    So that attaches to the stand bar rather than to the bench? Picture would be cool when you get there.....

Boolit Mold
    So that attaches to the stand bar rather than to the bench? Picture would be cool when you get there.....
    Yes, it attaches to the press existing stand bar which is a heavy aluminum extruded 3cm bar (similar to but stronger than the 3D Printer frame bars). I want to minimize how many bars I have at the bench while using the existing mounts from this collator project. Also, this is how the future FA bullet collator will be attached to this press (attached to the stand bar beneath the case collator) so this way it stays with the original design intent for this press.
    Last edited by Hube&Spoke; 05-01-2023 at 09:11 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    for anyone that has printed the contributor's plate storage racks, did you find that you need to scale it up to fit the plates? I just printed it out and it just doesn't seem to fit.

Quote Originally Posted by MSUICEMAN View Post
    for anyone that has printed the contributor's plate storage racks, did you find that you need to scale it up to fit the plates? I just printed it out and it just doesn't seem to fit.
    If it is the Slide_Plate_Rack in the Tinman folder that is my design. I have several those and they fit my plates. If it is the Collator_Plate_Racks then I am not sure.

Boolit Buddy
    Ah crap, should have been more specific, forgot there was both in there. I'm speaking of the collator plate storage. Also seems like it just doesn't accommodate plates with the handle too. Scaled to 102 they fit on the x and y, but with handles, they **** on each other.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Ah crap, should have been more specific, forgot there was both in there. I'm speaking of the collator plate storage. Also seems like it just doesn't accommodate plates with the handle too. Scaled to 102 they fit on the x and y, but with handles, they **** on each other.

You could use the QD handles.

I guess I'm not that organized......mine are in a drawer, and my shelves are crowded to the point there's no room for racks anyway. So I'm no help, no experience with any of them, plate or slider storage racks. Maybe I need to get rid of a few thousand items. For me the handles are important so they come first.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerR View Post
    You could use the QD handles.
    i'm unaware of these.. can ya point me in the right direction?

i'm unaware of these.. can ya point me in the right direction?
    https://github.com/BF556/Feeder/blob...ate_Handle.stl

That's too funny....now I get it (after all this time). QD must mean quick detach. So you don't use the screws?!.....and just twist and detach, then you can use the same handle for many plates? Geeze....How'd I miss that? Maybe because you kept the screw holes. I didn't realize I was that unobservant......will have to take a closer look....

In my defense, I had made my own handles while you were developing yours.....and I wasn't making detachable handles....never even thought about it.....may have to try one. I don't remember any banter about QD's.
    Last edited by GWS; 05-04-2023 at 03:16 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    I may have just learned that also.... Have my own oh for effs sake, no way.... Moment.

That's too funny....now I get it (after all this time). QD must mean quick detach. So you don't use the screws?!.....and just twist and detach, then you can use the same handle for many plates? Geeze....How'd I miss that? Maybe because you kept the screw holes. I didn't realize I was that unobservant......will have to take a closer look...
    And me not being the sharpest tack in the box could not figure out what the holes were for so I filled them in before printing............

GD
    #2 member of the 10%ers

Yes I made the quick detach handle mostly because the plates store much better. I left the mounting holes for anyone who wants it semi permanent.

Boolit Mold
    Hi guys i printed out everything and am assembling the case feeder and bullet feeder in 9mm. Where does the flipper go? And the slide latch isn’t in the repo where can I get it?

Boolit Mold
    Had anyone else had issues downloading the Long Rifle Bullet Plate #11 from Github? I can download every other file, but this one simply opens in a Chrome/Edge window and the file does not download. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Eviltoy View Post
    Hi guys i printed out everything and am assembling the case feeder and bullet feeder in 9mm. Where does the flipper go? And the slide latch isn’t in the repo where can I get it?
    Check out the videos on page four of the manual under the collator nose up or down list. It nicely shows the flipper in action.
    Latch is in the Main Body folder.

GD
    Last edited by Gillie Dog; 05-13-2023 at 12:32 PM.
    #2 member of the 10%ers