Load DataSnyders JerkyInline FabricationReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2RepackboxTitan Reloading
Wideners Lee Precision

Thread: Making that Bullet Collator

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by witz View Post
    How are you routing the spring? Under the case feeder or behind it?
    I'm not using Tyler's newer BF on the 1050 yet... But when I do, It will mount in the same way that it's mounted now... from my ceiling... See right side bullet feeder

Quote Originally Posted by Anuccite View Post
    Even the other way will ultimately work
    I could do this. 45 degrees between back and left side. Let's get some input before I implement the change for good.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bf2.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	28.7 KB 
ID:	277719

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerR View Post
    I could do this. 45 degrees between back and left side. Let's get some input before I implement the change for good.

If you do that, You could add holes (or at least A hole) for the Dillon mount to work on the left side of the collator.

One top hole would hold it fine..

Boolit Bub

I like it! Should work great. Been wanting to try that motor but haven't due to the mounting issues noted here. Will have to print one up if you do make the change. Thanks Tyler.

Boolit Mold
    Do you guys recommend printing a bullet dropper die or is it better to buy one from DAA. I already planned on buying the spring and 9mm powder funnel from them. Any help is greatly appreciated

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by XGN 0SPREY View Post
    Do you guys recommend printing a bullet dropper die or is it better to buy one from DAA. I already planned on buying the spring and 9mm powder funnel from them. Any help is greatly appreciated
    Hi and welcome to Cast Boolits.
    I'd say print one first, try it, and see how you like it. If it works, you're golden. If not, then what have you lost besides a little time, some filament, and maybe some 3.5mm ball bearings? The whole idea of this project is for you to do things for yourself. Them's my dos centavos!
    Ed

Boolit Bub
    Agree with Ed. I have both. Used the DAA for a long time and TBH, they work really well. I printed up a 9mm and tried it out. Once I got operating nice and smooth (sanding, filing, acetone, etc), it worked just as good as the DAA dropper. Whoever designed it did some outstanding work!! I really wish I would have found this project a couple months earlier!! Like Ed says, try it out first and if you don't like it, buy the DAA.

Quote Originally Posted by kc10kevin View Post
    Agree with Ed. I have both. Used the DAA for a long time and TBH, they work really well. I printed up a 9mm and tried it out. Once I got operating nice and smooth (sanding, filing, acetone, etc), it worked just as good as the DAA dropper. Whoever designed it did some outstanding work!! I really wish I would have found this project a couple months earlier!! Like Ed says, try it out first and if you don't like it, buy the DAA.
    Well thank you!

Boolit Mold
    Yeah I think I'll try the printed version. If I'm gonna go the cheapo route I might as well print it all and use this wonderful resource made available to me. Its kinda hard to believe that somebody is sharing their creation for free considering what a masterfully crafted design it is.

Boolit Bub
    I print them using a resin printer, works straight out of the printer without any filing, sanding, smoothing etc... Can't get any better than that...

Boolit Mold
    Going to give this project a go as well as soon as I mod my printer to expand the work envelope a little. One question, I have the Dayton 52JE51 motor and I've looked everywhere in the manual and did a search and I haven't found the measurement for drilling the cross hole in the motor shaft for the roll pin, is there a spec for that?

New version posted with dedicated .44 die body.

Boolit Mold
    Where can the official most current files be found. I'm currently using files I found a link to on a YouTube video in somebody's personal Google drive.

Where can the official most current files be found. I'm currently using files I found a link to on a YouTube video in somebody's personal Google drive.
    Look in my signature. Just posted latest.

Boolit Buddy
    Look in my signature. Just posted latest.
    FYI The manual in the drive is v2.1 while the zip file has v2.3

Quote Originally Posted by o416 View Post
    FYI The manual in the drive is v2.1 while the zip file has v2.3
    Damn hired help! Fixed

Boolit Mold
    In the latest version the stock plates are set to 180mm, which is 2mm less then the body. I made this change to reduce the slop for certain bullets that people were having problems with. It was 179.5mm before. You can reprint the plate at 179.5mm or less if you need to.
    Thanks, appreciate the feedback. I may try to go bit smaller for the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by witz View Post
    Thank you. I will get some pics of the "unicorn" when its far enough along. Hopefully today or tomorrow, since I have to travel for work tomorrow evening.
    jmorris sent me some pictures of his 1050 mounts he made for Mikes small collator base and gave me permission to share them with you. Quoting what he said about the pictures:
    I am out of room to up load over there [CastBoolits] but have attached two different 1050 mounts. One is behind the case collator (case collator is removed so it can be seen), the other is to the right of it behind the press. The long spring is key because the tool head goes up and down on them.

The other photos are of the mount for the printed collators I made.
    Pictures below: The first two pictures show feeders in relation to the 1050 press:

Below you can see a horseshoe shaped mount for his AmmoMike printed collator. Using all the mounting holes on the bottom. Maybe one side would be enough. But you get the idea.

Of course his mounts are steel not plastic, but still should give you an idea of the options he used. (where he put the mounts on the collator, and where around the Dillon he mounted it to.
    Last edited by GWS; 02-16-2021 at 10:13 PM.

Boolit Mold
    Does acetone work on PLA? I though it was really only good for things like ABS. I havent tried printing the droppers yet either, but i think getting it smooth will be key.

Boolit Mold
    Thank you for the pics. I got it working more or less mounted on the left side of the case feeder, but it needs a really long spring. I didnt cut the spring, since it will be a bit different when installed on Justin's 1100 since the stroke is a bit different than a 1050 I believe. I have a few pics of the "ugliness" but for some reason it fails on the upload. Is there a size limitation or something? I sent the feeder home with him yesterday, so I hope to get some pictures of it fully setup and wired properly.

Page 205 of 360 FirstFirst ... 105155195196197198199200201202203204205206207208209210211212213214215255305 ... LastLast