WidenersLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Snyders Jerky Repackbox

Thread: Making that Bullet Collator

Boolit Mold
    Is anyone mounting the bullet feeder on a Dillon 1050/1100? I am sure they are, but I feel as though the mounts are more designed for the 650/750. I would think that the mount would work best attached to the left of the main body, but it appears only to attach to the back or the right side. I am sure I am missing something since this everything seems so well designed.

Quote Originally Posted by witz View Post
    Is anyone mounting the bullet feeder on a Dillon 1050/1100? I am sure they are, but I feel as though the mounts are more designed for the 650/750. I would think that the mount would work best attached to the left of the main body, but it appears only to attach to the back or the right side. I am sure I am missing something since this everything seems so well designed.
    The mount holes are on all 3 sides, but depending on which motor you are using it can make a difference. I only have a Dillon 650, so it would help if you defined more what you need for the 1100 and we can help.

Edited: I take that back. you are correct there are no mounting holes on the left hand side. That is the side the electronics box typically sits. Any reason why a rear mount would not work?
    Last edited by TylerR; 02-14-2021 at 11:28 PM.

It is well designed, but not for your press. It's not designed for mine either. You might just have to come up with your own mounts like I did for my RCBS Pro Chucker 7.........

Above, in my hand is the 3d printed mount that will be pluged into the end of a piece of square tubing.....mine's mounted sideways, but it'd be just as simple to mount it pointing straight down to a post.....

You have three choices of holes.....back and two sides.....
    On this one I mounted it on the left two holes using a short piece of Aluminum Angle and a 3d printed cube with a hex coupler inside.....the back ones I mounted a speed control box, the right side is still open. Just to give you some ideas.....

With a little effort you can make it sing!

Last edited by GWS; 02-15-2021 at 12:31 AM.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerR View Post
    The mount holes are on all 3 sides, but depending on which motor you are using it can make a difference. I only have a Dillon 650, so it would help if you defined more what you need for the 1100 and we can help.

Edited: I take that back. you are correct there are no mounting holes on the left hand side. That is the side the electronics box typically sits. Any reason why a rear mount would not work?
    On the 1050, the case feeder sits on the opposite side. It might work with the rear mount - I havent fully built it yet, so I am not sure how the orientation will be. I hope to get a mock up tomorrow to see how it all goes together. I need to make a run to Lowes - what size screws are people using to attach everything together?

Boolit Master

I need to make a run to Lowes - what size screws are people using to attach everything together?
    Hi,
    I know many folks are using metric, and the assortment listed in the manual is a good one, as is this one: VIGRUE M2-M3-M4-1080PCS Stainless Steel Screws and Nuts, 1080 Pcs Hex Socket Head Cap, Silver. I got the Cap Screw version, but I also found that SAE#6 screws of various lengths also work well. The benefit of the metric screws is that the motors have metric threads in their mounts, and all of the CAD software used in designing the parts is done in metric. Once you get used to it, metric is way easier to use since it's all decimal based instead of hexadecimal. BTW, like my friend GWS, I'm also somewhat of a divergent, and I'm mounting my bullet feeder to the right of my case feeder on my XL650. Hope this helps.
    Ed

Boolit Bub
    Has anyone designed a mount for a small mirror to put on top of the bullet feeder (and/or Dillon case feeder)?

Ordered most of the hardware, etc. to actually build this thing (and I believe it is now all printed)...just waiting on my RL1100 to show up.

On the 1050, the case feeder sits on the opposite side. It might work with the rear mount - I havent fully built it yet, so I am not sure how the orientation will be. I hope to get a mock up tomorrow to see how it all goes together. I need to make a run to Lowes - what size screws are people using to attach everything together?
    I would certainly be willing to throw something together based on what you are looking for.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by RedlegEd View Post
    Hi,
    I know many folks are using metric, and the assortment listed in the manual is a good one, as is this one: VIGRUE M2-M3-M4-1080PCS Stainless Steel Screws and Nuts, 1080 Pcs Hex Socket Head Cap, Silver. I got the Cap Screw version, but I also found that SAE#6 screws of various lengths also work well. The benefit of the metric screws is that the motors have metric threads in their mounts, and all of the CAD software used in designing the parts is done in metric. Once you get used to it, metric is way easier to use since it's all decimal based instead of hexadecimal. BTW, like my friend GWS, I'm also somewhat of a divergent, and I'm mounting my bullet feeder to the right of my case feeder on my XL650. Hope this helps.
    Ed
    Thank you. I have an assortment I will try, but I think I still need a Lowes run for the 1" 3/8 bolt, nut, and washer for the mount and some nuts for the motor. Unfortunately they never have a good selection of metric.

I also need to figure out my spring adapter so that I can really see how things are going to flow. My Ali spring is 9mm ID and 11mm OD, so it looks like I need to build pair of the #9 adapters. Somewhere I saw the suggestion of threading them in backwards. How does that actually work? I understand that the coil with decrease in diameter when you twist it in the opposite direction, but then it is like unscrewing it too. Do you twist it to make it tighter and then just push it in? Maybe it will be obvious once I get the pieces built.

I am building this one for a friend, so trying to get it to him as soon as possible and the microswitch will be faster since I have them and less engineering on the other sensors. I asked him what colors he wanted and he said "I don't care, you can even make it a unicorn" - That was a mistake on his part since it literally will be a hot mess of colors. After he is up and running, I will work on a proximity version and then upgrade his later. He has little motion of his left hand, so the feeder is really a must for him

Boolit Mold
    I would certainly be willing to throw something together based on what you are looking for.
    Thank you. I will get some pics of the "unicorn" when its far enough along. Hopefully today or tomorrow, since I have to travel for work tomorrow evening.

Boolit Buddy
    Thank you. I will get some pics of the "unicorn" when its far enough along. Hopefully today or tomorrow, since I have to travel for work tomorrow evening.
    For the 1050, You need to put the mount on the right side of the feeder.... Keep in mind that doing so, MAY require you to have a slightly longer spring....

Boolit Buddy

Base modification request....

TylerR

Can you add A way to orient the Motor in a different Direction on the M634JS Body?

I'd like to be able to run the motor in this direction.... So it interferes with nothing Regardless of which side I put the mount on....

Don't mind my Crude markup

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	23.4 KB 
ID:	277708

Quote Originally Posted by Anuccite View Post
    For the 1050, You need to put the mount on the right side of the feeder.... Keep in mind that doing so, MAY require you to have a slightly longer spring....
    If anyone has any pics of their setup on a 1050/1100 that would help too.

Looking forward to seeing pictures for this build for the 1050......and I like unicorn! Good of you to help out your friend! Pictures of his bench/press setup would help too.

TylerR

Can you add A way to orient the Motor in a different Direction on the M634JS Body?

I'd like to be able to run the motor in this direction.... So it interferes with nothing Regardless of which side I put the mount on....

Don't mind my Crude markup
    Here is the problem with that, circled in red.

Name:	bf2.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	30.5 KB 
ID:	277712

I guess I rotated the cutouts for the slot as well it would work.

Boolit Buddy
    Mine is different But I will put a normal mount on one of the bases and give you a visual. I've just purchased a 750 and I'm printing 2 to add to it

Boolit Buddy
    Here is the problem with that, circled in red.

Name:	bf2.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	30.5 KB 
ID:	277712

I guess I rotated the cutouts for the slot as well it would work.
    Even the other way will ultimately work

Even the other way will ultimately work
    I will take a look at it.

Boolit Buddy

Name:	20210215_121133.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	57.8 KB 
ID:	277713

Boolit Mold
    Initially I will dry fit it on my 1050, but he has an 1100 which is essentially the same. I have a shelf that might hit the feeder that he wont have. Ultimately I might have to remove/move the shelf for my setup if I mount it on the right of the case feeder.

Boolit Mold

Name:	20210215_121133.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	57.8 KB 
ID:	277713
    How are you routing the spring? Under the case feeder or behind it?