Load DataTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
WidenersLee PrecisionInline FabricationRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2

Thread: Making that Bullet Collator

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerR View Post
    Amen my friend, and I know this is not the place for this so I will only say this. We are very lucky to be able to communicate via this website. We just met 45 minutes ago but probably have more in common with each other then our neighbors (depending on where you live), but websites like this truly amazing place will be all on the chopping block very soon, based on the last few days actions. Then what? Feel free to PM me your answer
    I can assure you I have more in common with you than my neighbors, I at least know your name!

Boolit Buddy
    I didn't know the customizer panel existed until 10 minutes ago, so your guess is as good as mine.
    I had to re-open SCAD just to see what this customizer panel was! Took me a minute to realize it was there!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuccite View Post
    I had to re-open SCAD just to see what this customizer panel was! Took me a minute to realize it was there!
    That's weird, when I first used openscad the customizer is the first window I saw. I was in the same boat as bigmike because I couldn't enter in two digits after the decimal point. After reading these last few posts I closed the customizer and started using the editor.

TylerR, you code for a living and I code for fun or hobby stuff. I just can't say enough about that manual that you put together, it is more complete than anything that micro$oft ever did. Everytime I look at the manual I just have to shake my head and say dang, this guy thought of everything.

Quote Originally Posted by stanford View Post
    That's weird, when I first used openscad the customizer is the first window I saw. I was in the same boat as bigmike because I couldn't enter in two digits after the decimal point. After reading these last few posts I closed the customizer and started using the editor.

TylerR, you code for a living and I code for fun or hobby stuff. I just can't say enough about that manual that you put together, it is more complete than anything that micro$oft ever did. Everytime I look at the manual I just have to shake my head and say dang, this guy thought of everything.
    Thank you, I appreciate that. I want to be clear about the manual, it was a collaborative effort between o416 and myself, but he really did all the heavy lifting. So big shout out to him. He really did a great job.

Boolit Bub
    Amen my friend, and I know this is not the place for this so I will only say this. We are very lucky to be able to communicate via this website. We just met 45 minutes ago but probably have more in common with each other then our neighbors (depending on where you live), but websites like this truly amazing place will be all on the chopping block very soon, based on the last few days actions. Then what? Feel free to PM me your answer
    +1 on this. Although I do wish this website had SSL (https for the layman).

Boolit Mold
    Is it a mistake that the instruction manual links 10mm led lights? I found that 5 mm fit in the Drop_Tube_LED_Sensor_Knob .

Quote Originally Posted by lostpilotz View Post
    Is it a mistake that the instruction manual links 10mm led lights? I found that 5 mm fit in the Drop_Tube_LED_Sensor_Knob .
    They should be 5mm yes. Something like this works:
    https://www.amazon.com/L125WM-20pcs-...QK60HFQ1Y&th=1
    Last edited by TylerR; 01-11-2021 at 03:35 PM.

Boolit Bub
    If you haven’t heard, ARF COM has been kicked from go daddy.

I think what you said is closer than everyone thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmike111 View Post
    If you haven’t heard, ARF COM has been kicked from go daddy.

I think what you said is closer than everyone thinks.
    I just found that out. So far its just a DNS issue because of godaddy, but the whole site it hosted on AWS(Amazon) who of course just shut down Parler, so the writing is on the wall. **** is coming and its coming fast. Buckle up cause in 6 months (or less) we are going to be in a whole nother place.

Ok so back to the topic. I have just posted a new release of the project. v1.3.5

Main updates:
    - Brass base up has been reworked to be more reliable
    - Based on recent feedback increased height of standard rifle plates to 20mm
    - o416 has created a new parts generator app that is very cool. It is a gui interface that helps to select the files to you need to complete your project. He also documented it in the manual on page 18. great work man!

-

Boolit Master

I am almost tempted to design a PCB that incorporates two LDR controlled relays and two PWMs. My project box for my case feeder and bullet feeder is large and packed. Not to mention I could have made a few boards for the price I paid for one setup.

RPI and Arduino are fun. But not for the non technical skilled. Anolog systems are easy for everyone to understand.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Boolit Buddy
    Thx Tyler!

I hope the GUI application helps those new to the project to easily get the parts that they need to build your project

Ok so back to the topic. I have just posted a new release of the project. v1.3.5

Main updates:
    - o416 has created a new parts generator app that is very cool. It is a gui interface that helps to select the files to you need to complete your project. He also documented it in the manual on page 18. great work man!

-

Boolit Bub
    All I can say is wow. I completed this project back in the beginning of this thread and haven't been paying attention since. You guys have really made some great improvements. Also, the organization is awesome. Keep up the great work!

Boolit Buddy

Main updates:

-
    The Parts Generator is a nice touch.....Well Done o416!

Boolit Buddy
    Here's a Tip i learned.... Even though 9mm bullets will fit in the #10 adapters and associated spring.... I wouldn't recommend it.

At Slow speeds it will work... but the tolerance is too tight for it to successfully fall in time (all the time)

My original Ammo Mike Print with Large DAA spring (back when that was a thing!)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210112_084028.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	62.8 KB 
ID:	275206
    New Design using #10 Adapter and 12.3mm OD spring
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210112_084039.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	31.7 KB 
ID:	275207

I'm Printing out #13 Adapters to Run with my larger spring

Here's a Tip i learned.... Even though 9mm bullets will fit in the #10 adapters and associated spring.... I wouldn't recommend it.

At Slow speeds it will work... but the tolerance is too tight for it to successfully fall in time (all the time)

I'm Printing out #13 Adapters to Run with my larger spring
    I agree. No reason not to go with the #12 or #13 for 9mm. I would like to also mention there are "Flush" mount adapters, one for #10 and one for #8 that are not offset, but more traditional funnel design.

Edited to add, it also looks like your offset adapter is rotated slightly too much, and not perfectly aligned with the outside wall.

Boolit Buddy
    Edited to add, it also looks like your offset adapter is rotated slightly too much, and not perfectly aligned with the outside wall.
    I was ultimately trying it in different positions the offset on the leading edge produced the best results..

I was ultimately trying it in different positions the offset on the leading edge produced the best results..
    Interesting, good feedback. If you do want to give it a shot you could also try the #10 flush adapter and see how that works for you.

The Parts Generator is a nice touch.....Well Done o416!
    I have to say, I have spent probably hundreds of hours on the design and test prints, but between the manual and now the parts selector o416 has really made this a complete project.

Boolit Bub
    Ok, stupid question before I go printing/designing. My Lee tubes finally came in and I'm trying to determine the correct part to print to go from my 15.5mm OD spring to the 14.5mm OD Lee tube. I know cdstang posted his adapter in post 3235 (Page 162) but it looks like my spring is a bit bigger. The stack in the end would look like this: Collator -> GWS Proximity adapter -> Spring Adapter -> Spring -> Spring to tube adapter (This is what I'm not sure what to use) -> Lee Tube -> LNL AP Case feeder.

Thanks for the help!