MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Repackbox
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingWidenersInline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky Load Data

Thread: Making that Bullet Collator

Quote Originally Posted by TylerR View Post
    14mm. Mine still is not here. Saying tomorrow now
    14mm? Measuring what? I've seen 8 and 12 and mines 18mm, but I haven't found your 14 yet. Or are you talking about detecting distance?
    Last edited by GWS; 12-18-2020 at 03:41 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by GWS View Post
    14mm? Measuring what? I've seen 8 and 12 and mines 18mm, but I haven't found your 12 yet. Or are you talking about detecting distance?
    Yes, its is a detecting range of 14mm.

Boolit Mold
    TylerR the downloads link seems to be broken. It says file not found. Documents link is still working though.

I am considering printing your larger version to use as a case feeder for my new Lee APP. Been using it with my GolluB case feeder by setting the Lee App up next to my Dillon. But I think it needs it’s own case feeder. So I wanted to take a look at your files to figure out what to print. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by o416 View Post
    Yes, its is a detecting range of 14mm.
    Now I know why it's so pricey.....don't stand too close to it.....

Boolit Buddy
    1st Piece a little stringing... But I haven't used this Filament in a year.....

Amazon Basic PLA... I had to de-humidify it as it was very brittle.... I will be using a new roll when I print anything big

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	prox1.JPG 
Views:	27 
Size:	42.4 KB 
ID:	273502

Boolit Man
    Finally got the long (extra large) spring in and definitely a higher quality spring. But now I'm so unsure of how long I want it to be and where to cut it :O

My case feeder is almost done and will collated .223 and .308 perfectly, but the .223 required one more little part....an extension to lower the proximity sensor a little. Seems the .223's stopped fine but since the cases are small it allowed one too many in the stack and raised the stack into the turning plate a quarter inch. Lowering the switch a little fixed it, so now it collates both equally well with no other parts change except for the .308 specific and .223 specific turning plates.

Tomorrow morning I will start the 2 hours extension print.....then once done, I will post a couple of running vids of the collator working those two calibers. Finally!

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerR View Post
    The wall there is thicker then .4mm, and I have not heard of issues printing it before. That being said I just changed the small and large to be more in line with the extra large, so the threads do not run up in to that thinner part. I posted it for you to try.
    Thanks alot TylerR, the download link seems broken though. Looking forward to try the new design when able to download.

Boolit Buddy

Sensor says it is out for delivery. We will soon know how well it works.

Quote Originally Posted by GWS View Post
    My case feeder is almost done and will collated .223 and .308 perfectly, but the .223 required one more little part....an extension to lower the proximity sensor a little. Seems the .223's stopped fine but since the cases are small it allowed one too many in the stack and raised the stack into the turning plate a quarter inch. Lowering the switch a little fixed it, so now it collates both equally well with no other parts change except for the .308 specific and .223 specific turning plates.

Tomorrow morning I will start the 2 hours extension print.....then once done, I will post a couple of running vids of the collator working those two calibers. Finally!
    Looking forward to the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_Sweden View Post
    Thanks alot TylerR, the download link seems broken though. Looking forward to try the new design when able to download.
    Not sure what happened with the link but it should be fixed now.

Boolit Mold
    So I have been reading through this thread and am impressed with the thoroughness. One question I have though, and it may be covered somewhere in the 150 pages, is what is the “minimum” level of 3D printer recommended to accomplish this. I see several references to $200 printers, but the ones I see are all pretty small at that price point. If I’m a 3D printing noob, is there a recommendation for a printer?

Quote Originally Posted by nubrun View Post
    So I have been reading through this thread and am impressed with the thoroughness. One question I have though, and it may be covered somewhere in the 150 pages, is what is the “minimum” level of 3D printer recommended to accomplish this. I see several references to $200 printers, but the ones I see are all pretty small at that price point. If I’m a 3D printing noob, is there a recommendation for a printer?
    Ender 3 is a good starting printer. I suggest Ender 5 for just a little more money since the bed only moves on the z axis.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by nubrun View Post
    I agree with with Tyler, the Ender 3 V2 is the best bang for your buck. With a bed size of 225x225x 220 high it will print any of the collator parts with easy. If you are looking for something a little bigger then yes the Ender 5 is a good choice as well.

Boolit Bub
    Anyone else with Filament types before I send the file to Tyler?

Quote Originally Posted by Rage 01 View Post
    I agree with with Tyler, the Ender 3 V2 is the best bang for your buck. With a bed size of 225x225x 220 high it will print any of the collator parts with easy. If you are looking for something a little bigger then yes the Ender 5 is a good choice as well.
    If you want to go real big the Ender 5 Plus is 350mm x 350mm x 400mm

Quote Originally Posted by Rage 01 View Post
    Anyone else with Filament types before I send the file to Tyler?
    You can always drop it in the shared documents folder too. Then people can add new ones.

Boolit Bub
    Perfect I will do that a little later.

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks for putting the larger wallextender in the dropbox. Much appreciated I will print it soon and post a pic.

Page 149 of 361 FirstFirst ... 4999139140141142143144145146147148149150151152153154155156157158159199249 ... LastLast