Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationRepackboxLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Load Data Wideners

Thread: Making that Bullet Collator

Quote Originally Posted by rogerandre View Post
    Thanks alot. I thought that a 1" pipe (25.4 mm) was to be used. I will go figure to remove the wobble.
    I am not sure why I made it 28mm, other than people were using pipes that were slightly over 1". The extra slop is removed with the set screw. I will make a new one at 26mm for the 1", and relabel the other one 28mm.
    Here is the new 1"(26mm)
    https://github.com/BF556/Feeder/blob...inch_Round.stl

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerR View Post
    I am not sure why I made it 28mm, other than people were using pipes that were slightly over 1". The extra slop is removed with the set screw. I will make a new one at 26mm for the 1", and relabel the other one 28mm.
    Here is the new 1"(26mm)
    https://github.com/BF556/Feeder/blob...inch_Round.stl
    TylerR U R The MAN !!!!

Thanks alot. I thought that a 1" pipe (25.4 mm) was to be used. I will go figure to remove the wobble.
    Yea, in our system pipe size refers to inside diameter so 1" pipe has a ~1.3" outside diameter (~33mm) and 3/4" pipe is ~1.05" outside diameter (~26.7mm).

We strive to make things difficult you know........

I am using a 3/4" pipe and even loose in mount see no wobble or movement issues with set screw finger tight.

Opps, saw TylerRs reply late. Will print one to test of course.

GD
    Last edited by Gillie Dog; 11-27-2023 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Saw TylerRs reply
    #2 member of the 10%ers

Quote Originally Posted by Gillie Dog View Post
    Yea, in our system pipe size refers to inside diameter so 1" pipe has a ~1.3" outside diameter (~33mm) and 3/4" pipe is ~1.05" outside diameter (~26.7mm).

We strive to make things difficult you know........

I am using a 3/4" pipe and even loose in mount see no wobble or movement issues with set screw finger tight.

Opps, saw TylerRs reply late. Will print one to test of course.

GD
    It's funny because I have had a lot of people tell me they purchased a 1" steel pipe and it doesn't fit. But they are trying to use a 1" ID steel pipe.

Boolit Bub
    It's funny because I have had a lot of people tell me they purchased a 1" steel pipe and it doesn't fit. But they are trying to use a 1" ID steel pipe.
    There are many ways to skin cat .

If/when time permits a Mount_Bench_Post_28mm_Round.stl for 1" (OD ) would be great. And Yes I need to get my act together and learn Fusion360

There are many ways to skin cat .

If/when time permits a Mount_Bench_Post_28mm_Round.stl for 1" (OD ) would be great. And Yes I need to get my act together and learn Fusion360
    it's in the downloads on githhub
    https://github.com/BF556/Feeder/blob..._Base_28mm.stl
    Last edited by TylerR; 11-29-2023 at 01:42 PM.

Boolit Mold
    I've read this thread up to message 2041, I still have 4000+ messages to get through. Is there an assembly post that I can fast forward to?

I've printed most of the parts to make one of these and I have started assembly. I am having trouble determining what fasteners to use in which holes. I've made the determination that I use metric machine screws for most of the assembly. Where I'm having trouble is determining the size and length of the fasteners. Some of the parts, like the ramp, are threaded directly into the plastic. I think that other parts, like the mounts use through fasteners and nuts. Is this correct? Is there is fastener/part breakdown document?

Also, is the drop tube coupler that is used on the bullet nose down slide plate the same as the nose up coupler used on the base? There are special brass drop couplers...

Hello Group,

Can anyone make a spring recommendation for use with the #14 spring adapter and spring adapter DT? This is the last part I need to complete case feeding the six pistol calibers I do, need to do 44 mag cases and all other needed parts are made and work well.

I am currenting looking at the 5/8 OD, .047 wire one from McMaster Carr, should work but dimensionally is a tad small.

Thanks

GD
    #2 member of the 10%ers

Boolit Buddy
    Hello Group,

Can anyone make a spring recommendation for use with the #14 spring adapter and spring adapter DT? This is the last part I need to complete case feeding the six pistol calibers I do, need to do 44 mag cases and all other needed parts are made and work well.

I am currenting looking at the 5/8 OD, .047 wire one from McMaster Carr, should work but dimensionally is a tad small.

Thanks

GD
    I used brakeline protector I purchased from Amazon, which handles 45 ACP cases just fine. Might not work on 44 mag tho, since the rim diameter is 0.514".

The Stop Shop Stainless Brake Line Protector (Gravel Guard Spring) for 1/2" Tube - 16 Ft. https://a.co/d/5EyZgTc

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Boolit Bub
    Hi TylerR
    Thanks ! So https://github.com/BF556/Feeder/blob...inch_Round.stl is with DI ~26 mm for pipe DO 25mm and not pipe with DO ~28 mm ?

Boolit Mold
    Hello Group,

Thanks

GD
    I assembled the #14 adapters with mcmaster carr spring 9664K59. I was able to get this same spring to fil into the long #13 adapter, but not the short #13. I suspect that the top and bottom models for #13 have slightly different internal profiles.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger391xt View Post
    I used brakeline protector I purchased from Amazon, which handles 45 ACP cases just fine. Might not work on 44 mag tho, since the rim diameter is 0.514".

The Stop Shop Stainless Brake Line Protector (Gravel Guard Spring) for 1/2" Tube - 16 Ft. https://a.co/d/5EyZgTc

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    Thank you,

I will check the size with them but I assume it must be in the 5/8 range. I am using smaller spring for 45 ACP with smaller adapters but will not fit the 44 mag.

Thanks

GD
    #2 member of the 10%ers

Quote Originally Posted by lewis1914 View Post
    I assembled the #14 adapters with mcmaster carr spring 9664K59. I was able to get this same spring to fil into the long #13 adapter, but not the short #13. I suspect that the top and bottom models for #13 have slightly different internal profiles.
    Yes that is the one I am looking at.

Spring I have works fine with #13 but 44 will not go through it so looking at larger.

Thanks

GD
    #2 member of the 10%ers

Boolit Mold
    Hey all. I first want to say that this is one of the coolest things I’ve printed and built. Tyler the time and effort you’ve put into this is incredible.
    I have the Hornady ap. I was using the jasond/bart (version 3 of barts) type case feeder with the lee collator and hate it. So I went down this epic rabbit hole of a powered collator and found the BF556 feeder.
    I was able to integrate the drop tube with an app adapter to feed into the already installed case feeder on my press.
    I have everything printed and saved the best for last, wiring.
    My question is how do I integrate the jst connectors? Does anyone have any photos or diagrams that have the connectors integrated? I am using a proximity sensor.
    Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by jkimball20; 12-03-2023 at 10:28 AM.

Hello Group,

Thanks

GD
    This is the one I use
    https://www.aliexpress.us/item/22518...2usa4itemAdapt

Thank you,

With that memory nudge, I now remember reading about those/that supplier somewhere in this thread.

Thanks

GD
    #2 member of the 10%ers

Thank you,

With that memory nudge, I now remember reading about those/that supplier somewhere in this thread.

Thanks

GD
    It looks like the link does not default to the 18mm one but that is what you want.

This is the link to the other springs, which is in the manual.
    https://www.aliexpress.us/item/22518...yAdapt=glo2usa

It looks like the link does not default to the 18mm one but that is what you want.

This is the link to the other springs, which is in the manual.
    https://www.aliexpress.us/item/22518...yAdapt=glo2usa
    Thanks,

18mm OD spring for #14 spring adapters?

Thanks

GD
    #2 member of the 10%ers

Quote Originally Posted by jkimball20 View Post
    Hey all. I first want to say that this is one of the coolest things I’ve printed and built. Tyler the time and effort you’ve put into this is incredible.
    I have the Hornady ap. I was using the jasond/bart (version 3 of barts) type case feeder with the lee collator and hate it. So I went down this epic rabbit hole of a powered collator and found the BF556 feeder.
    I was able to integrate the drop tube with an app adapter to feed into the already installed case feeder on my press.
    I have everything printed and saved the best for last, wiring.
    My question is how do I integrate the jst connectors? Does anyone have any photos or diagrams that have the connectors integrated? I am using a proximity sensor.
    Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Welcome to the forum! I was assuming someone smarter than me knew about jst connectors and what you mean by integrating them. I use a proximity sensor on all my collators, but I don't use jst connectors....never even seen one. I use a switch circuit board with a speed control, a relay, and a 12volt wall wart power supply on all my stuff, and connect them together with wire nuts inside the switch box.....and found connectors TO the box to connect to whatever mates with what's on the plug-in power supply.....

Others who know the use of jst connectors......should chime in here..

I use 12V female connector pig tails rated to 5amps to connect my wall warts. Most 12v wall wart power supplies I've seen with enough wattage to run collator motors use this size in my experience:

https://www.amazon.com/Pigtail-Secur...%2C136&sr=8-21
    Last edited by GWS; 12-03-2023 at 11:28 PM.

Thanks,

18mm OD spring for #14 spring adapters?

Thanks

GD
    Oh wait no. The 18mm would be for the 16mm adapters. If memory serves me correctly the 14mm springs match up with the DAA output chute spring.
    https://www.doublealpha.biz/us/doubl...ute-and-spring